Braved the elements this morning and made the 2 hour trek up Rt 80 to Florham. Practice is in the field house today and here’s a few observations from the time we were allowed to watch.
- KR Justin Miller is back looking lean and fast. He seems to be fully recovered from the toe injury that hampered him while he was with the team. Curiously he is wearing #32 instead of 22 which is what he wore when he was here last. Fresh slate, fresh number I guess. We’ll get some Miller quotes from the lockerroom that we’ll post later.
- WR’s Jerricho Cotchery and Brad Smith were fully participating in individual drills and looked like they was moving without any pain. More info from Coach Ryan after his presser but it looks encouraging that both may be back this week.
- CB Lito Sheppard was not active and was working with trainers on the sideline.
- We received the Miami conference call itinerary for later today and scheduled is Coach Sparano and RB Ronnie Brown. Dissapointingly but I guess to no one’s surprise, LB Channing Crowder will not speak.
- The Jets will again be wearing thier Titans throwbacks again this week. Road whites. Time to email the Jets and request the Richard Todd era kelly green Jets throwbacks. Enough with these Titans unis!
- In wake of Weiner-Gate, the Jets announced that Mark Sanchez will donate 500 Hot Dogs to the Community Soup Kitchen of Morristown, NJ. He will also donate 500 Hamburgers. Hebrew National is also offering a free package of Hot Dogs to any person with a ticket stub to the Raiders game last week.
Check back later for more Jets coverage!