Do you have 'Pennington battered wife syndrome'?
- You remember how sweet he was when you first met him.
- After a brief 2002 honey moon, the physical injuries starting happening.
- 2003 was a nightmare, but you thought, 'He can return to how he was before, I love him'
- 2004 wasn't bad, maybe an offensive struggle at the end of the year. There was more pain. Someone ended up going to the doctor, because the physical injuries were back.
- 2005 you were worried. There was another man in your life. After a couple of weeks without Chad, he rushed back to your arms to be your hero. Within weeks, the physical injuries were back. You were heartbroken yet again. You wanted a new man. A young man. It was time to move on in your life.
- 2006 he shows up at your door again. You welcome him back with open arms, because this time he's really changed. And you're going to love him more than ever to prove it.
If this sounds like you, you may have Pennington battered wife syndrome.
There is no permanent cure. Just soak your brain in alcohol when it hurts too much.