Realistically, there's a very good chance Trent Richardson falls to us
I have been reading many mock drafts and seeing Trent Richardson taken by the Jets. That's something that I absolutely want. I think T-Rich will be a stud RB.
Alot of people believe that Trent won't be available by the time we are on the clock. I disagree with that. I looked at all the teams in front of us, and could see them all passing up on T-Rich
1) Colts - Andrew Luck
2) Rams - Already have a stud RB and need a WR.
3) Vikings - Adrian Peterson
4) Browns - This is one of the possible destinations for T-Rich. But they have a plethora of needs, including WR, DL, & OL. I could even see them picking RGIII. And they haven't ruled out re-signing Hillis.
5) Bucs - Already have Legarette Blount. They have needs on the defensive side. And with Ronde Barber getting old & Auib Talib going to jail, I could see them picking a CB
6) Redskins - Already have a plethora of RB's. The need a QB
7) Jaguars - MJD
8) Dolphins - Already have Reggie Bush & Daniel Thomas. They need help on the defensive side.
9) Panthers - Already have DeAngelo Williams & Jonathan Stewart. need help on the defensive side.
10) Bills - They are very high on CJ Spiller. They need help on the defensive side.
11) Chiefs - Another possible destination for T-Rich. Especially with Jamaal Charles coming back from an injury. But also have needs at OL & DL
12) Seahawks - Only if they can't re-sign Marhsawn Lynch. But I believe they will, and will use the pick to draft a pass rusher, which they desparately need.
13) Cardinals - Already have a solid RB in beanie Wells. Need help on the defensive side.
14) Cowboys - Already have Demarco Murray & Felix Jones. Deperate need at secondary.
15) Eagles - Already have Lesean Mccoy. Need help at the LB position or could draft a WR.
So basically if he makes it past those Cleveland, KC, & Seattle, he's definitely ours. There are also people that believe we have bigger needs than RB. That's true, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't take T-Rich if available.
1) Safety - Our biggest need is safety. However, I think that is a position we address in free agency. This is a very weak draft class regarding safeties. And I would be very upset if we took Mark Barron with the 16th pick.
2) OLB - That's another big need of ours. However, their are other teams ahead of us that need a pass-rusher as well. Jacksonville, Miami, Carolina, Buffalo, & Seattle all need pash rushers. So all the pass-rushers could be gone by the time we are on the clock. Plus not to mention that there are going to be pass rushers available in the 2nd & 3rd round (Vinny Curry, Andre Branch, Cam Johnson. Remember, 2 of the best pass-rushers in the league (Demarcus Ware & Clay Matthews) were taken in the 2nd round.
3) WR- We need another wideout, but we don't need to draft one in the 1st round. This draft is loaded with wideout, and there are some quality ones that will be available in rounds 3-5. Plus, I could see us picking up a WR in free agency (Braylon, Meachem)
So basically, there is a very very good chance T-Rich will be there. And if he is, I'm all for drafting him.