Media has agenda, kills offense, fans buy in, problem, Tebow isn't a QB, game notes!
The Tebowites are no where to be found, this isn't a thread to rip Tebow though, it's to rip the media agendas and the fans that buy into their crap.
The reason the fans at the stadium are so wrapped up about TD's is because the media has been spinning the QB bull**** all pre-season.
NEWSFLASH, the offense has struggled the MOST when Tebow is playing under center and trying to run an NFL offense, he just can't do it, not effective, slow to make reads, slow release, doesn't make the throw in the window he needs to.
But that's ok, if anything, tonight hopefully showed the world, the morons in the media, the Tebowites, and anybody else buying into Tebowmania, he is not a starting QB.... Sorry...
Tebow coming in to the game, to play wildcat, in short yardage situations, to run a spread option offense in SITUATIONS, the key word being, "SITUATION," during some critical moments of the game, Tebow can come in and be VERY effective, and the Jets haven't even begun to scratch the surface of what they will do with Tebow, they haven't showed anything, but it's coming, and all anybody has to do is go back and watch how Sparano ran the offense with Pennington and then Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams running the wildcat. It's going to be a great weapon.
But alas, we'll have to hear the media spin, the dumbass talk show radio hosts, and the rest of the clowns in the media talk about zero TD's thusfar...
Guess what, YOUR BOY Tebow has stagnated the offense whenever he is in the game, he just cannot pass the ball, he cannot lead an offense down field with a passing dynamic that the good passing teams and good QB's can bring to the game.
The Jets depth has played more than the starters to this point, Sanchez and the first team offense moved the ball tonight. Howard looked great in his debut, pass protection was much better, losing two more TE's tonight while already missing Cumberland hurt big time, this should not be underestimated, the TE is huge in Sparano's offense, the Jets were missing their top 3 players, Hunter had to play TE tonight, that hurts in the RZ, and is probably one of the biggest reasons we couldn't punch it in when we were down there tonight. Losing Keller and Baker also probably forced Sparano to make changes with his playcalling, and hold plays back. Again, this should NOT go unnoticed, it was big, and that is why tonight was a GOOD night for the offense, a lot of positives to take from tonight, especially the job of the OL, Howard comes in and shuts down a very prominent player, and overall, the pass protection was VERY good, amazing.
Some additional notes:
- Despite the drops, I love Hill's talent and upside
- Landry is going to be a stud, if he can stay healthy, it's going to be straight AWESOME watching him play and what he can do for this defense. The Jets haven't had a player of his calliber at safety in a LONG time. We're going to read a lot about Landry's play tonight, he was a wrecking ball, all over the field, fast, and destroyed 3 different WR's, causing pass breakups on at least 3 different plays.
- Wilkerson is a beast, loved what I saw of Coples
- I thought Bush played pretty well at the other safety, may go unnoticed, but I thought he was solid.
- It's funny, ESPN is shameless, they rip the Jets offense again, thought they do give SOME credit to Sanchez, but then jerk off all over Cam Newton and his whopping 60 yds of passing on 6 - 15 pass attempts. :rolleyes:
- Folk IMO deserves the job, he looked solid, real good, can't have Brown missing short FG's, it's a tremendous battle that is going overlooked, Brown has a big leg, but Folk to my knowledge has been more consistent this camp, will be interesting to see what happens there.
- Losing Baker sucks, he was going to be a big part of the offense, hopefully it's not long term, but a player to keep an eye on that can be just as effective, the player Clay in Miami, he is also a FB/TE hybrid type of player, and I think he is dropping down the TE depth chart, because he is not a traditional TE, but he was very effective for Sparano last year, and has a lot of the same ability that Baker has.
- Kenrick Ellis had a huge night, his best as a Jet, he is progressing nicely
- Defense looks very good, nasty, and a lot faster, I thought Cro stood out with his play and physicality
- Not worried about the rust with Holmes
- Am worried about the running game, but I suppose we need to be patient. There was a lot of focus this week on pass protection, I'm sure, but with Howard now entrenched at RT, at least until further notice, the line with Howard needs to gain chemistry in the running game.
- I thought Ducasse looked VERY good, and really got a lot of good push. To me Moore has been very average, and IMO struggled a little tonight, need to re-watch the game, but I'd like to see Ducasse get playing time at either OG spot, he's so strong and has so much natural ability, I would feel good about Ducasse in the short yardage game.
The media again will harp on the lack of a TD, but this game revealed a lot of positives. The REAL negative is losing Baker!