Spygate: The Book and Author Interview
Listened to the author interview. Very interesting. Some points:
He uses statistical analysis to argue that the intelligence collection effort utilized by the Patriots was far greater than publicly admitted.
1. Tom Brady had a second radio frequency receiver in his helmet that continued operating after the 15sec one would cut out. This had originally been reported by Chris Mortenson the day the scandal broke.
2. The operation was more expansive than declared. Other teams were going to reveal that Belichick had miked defensive players to capture audibles and had utilized jamming devices to degrade opponent communications.
3. The tapes admittedly seized by the NFL were, with one exception, all away games. This makes the author believe that a more integrated surveillance system is utilized at home.
4. Matt Cassel's '08 record provides circumstantial evidence of a Foxboro surveillance system due to his outlying statistical anomalies such as his better performance than '01 Brady despite Cassel's lack of experience.
5. Against the spread performance. 62% at home victory and spread victories, a statistical impossibility according to senior Vegas- odds making analysts.