Force Woody's Hand: Parcells for EVP, Ops
Okay, it's highly unlikely Parcells would take it, BUT....
To make a statement, let's start a movement as fans and season ticket holders DEMANDING Bill Parcells be offered (notice I said offered) the Job of EVP Football Operations.
Here's why I think the idea is good substantively:
- Obviously, he's a great football mind and if anyone can get us back in playoff contention in one year its him
- He could work with the current staff. And although we're all POed at them, it's probably better for the org to keep the staff in place with a stronger leadership presence than start all over again.
- He would relegate Mr.T to a capologist which is what he is good at. Parcells respects him in that role. But in this situation, Parcells would be buying the "groceries."
- Without doubt, I think Parcells would give a strong direction to Rex, Sporano and Pettine and he would recognize that the core personell of the defense is pretty good
- Parcells has never been one to coddle QBs, even Sims. He would either come to the conclusion that Sanchez is a goner, relegate him to the bench and/or find someone else. There'd be no favortism...i.e. "You are what you are."
Okay, so in the real world, Parcells probably wouldn't be interested. But Woody as an owner is a joke and if we create a coalition to force his hand in this direction maybe it will send a message. Maybe we ought to consider all walking out en masse at halftime at a home game if they are sucking as they are now in protest, pledging only to come back if he at least OFFERS the job to Parcells.
I really don't want to hear comments that Bill won't take the job. I know he probably won't. But wouldn't it be cool if we could put pressure on Woody to at least offer it to him. Whaddaya think?