The media: You'd think we were 2-11 !!
Here's how bad it is:
Last night I'm looking through one of my daughter's magazines ( US, I think), and there a photo of FBI agents tackling Leonardo Decaprio. There a caption that says " The New York Jets should take lessons from the FBI on how to tackle".
You can find so many examples of us just getting killed. It wasn't even this bad under Kotite! I understand that REX brings a lot of it on by running his mouth, but this is unbelievable!
Getting Delusional Alert!
The Jets won a game so there is naturally an inclination to get our hopes up and sweep under the rug everything that has happened this season.
As a service to my fellow Jets fans, allow me to recap the many low points of the season:
- Sanchez or Tebow couldn't score a TD in the preseason
- Buffalo implodes during the opener and whimsical dreams of a powerful Jets offense appear.
- Jets lose by 17 to Pittsburgh and are brought back to earth. Sanchez's 11 incompletions to Holmes are blamed on replacement refs.
- Jets eek out a win against the woeful Dolphins
- Jets get blown out by 49ers 34-0. To add insult to injury, Jets can't execute the wildcat while the 49ers run over the Jets with it.
- Houston win 23-17. Red zone INT by Sanchez. Special teams TD. Another INT on the final drive seals the loss.
- Jets overpower the Colts 35-9
- Jets get the moral victory of the year versus the Patriots. Unfortunately it's in a loss: 29-26
- Dolphins blow out the Jets 30-9
- Jets offense can't find the end zone again again the Seahawks. Thankfully the defense does to prevent another shut out. Seahawks win 28-7
- Jets spoil Schotty's revenge with a win: 27-13
- Butt fumble and it's over in the first half. Pats destroy Jets on Thanksgiving 49-19
- Our starting QB couldn't get a TD against the Cardinals who were playing a rookie QB after losing 8 straight. McElroy saves the day: 7-6
- Jets dominate the 2 win Jaguars 17-10
That's four blow out losses where a backup should have got some time. Embarrassing gaffes on national TV. Wildcat failing. Sanchez booed. Calls for either backup. Rex repeating the same song and dance at press conference.