A "Trade Down, Please" Jets Mock
I really hope the Jets trade down to add a few more players and here's a scenario I think could actually be realistic.
Chicago can't keep Cutler clean, so maybe they trade up with for Eric Fisher, LT, Central Michigan (Or perhaps Taylor Lewan?)
The Jets send #9 to Chicago for the #20 a 2nd and 4th.
1. Sam Montgomery, DE, LSU - I don't love this pick and could be persuaded to take someone else. There questions about his work ethic, but he's got talent. Hope they go BPA here, no matter what.
2. Larry Warford, OG, Kentucky - MAULER.
2. Robert Woods, WR, USC - I don't know why he isn't rated higher. He's very similar to Holmes IMO.
3. EJ Manuel, QB, Florida State - He's a project but there is a ton of talent to work with. He's a smart guy and hard worker who I think has not played his best football yet.
4. Sean Porter, OLB, Texas A&M - Athletic, skilled edge rusher who has played OLB in both 3 and 4 man front.
4. Tharold Simon, CB, LSU - Could have been a high pick if he stayed for his senior year. Lots of talent: size, speed, ball skills. I think getting him here is a big discount.
5. Vance McDonald, TE, Rice - I'm hoping they finally address this position with something other than UDFA scrubs. McDonald has looked good in Senior Bowl practice and hopefully there's a little Jason Witten in there.
6. Michael Williams, TE, Alabama - Fantastic blocker and underrated athleticism. He could be a #2 in the league for a long time.
7. Chris Thompson, RB, Florida State - He is Leon Washington. If the ACL is healed, he will be an immediate contributor.
OK boys, bash away.