Agreed 100% on Nnamdi. For once things worked out well for us. Cro was better and cheaper.
He'll get paid elite money because he deserves it
Darrelle Revis too deserves it, but many Jets fans have a problem with it.
I don't get it, we're not paying a QB big money
The lessons to be learned from this last two Super Bowls are this:
1) You don't have to have an "elite" (or whatever the hell that means) QB to win the Super Bowl. You do, however, need an above average QB who is capable of playing stretches as a top flight QB. Year-to-year consistency or regular season consistency isn't as important so long as the QB is playing at the top of his game in the playoffs. Case in point: Flacco's 115 QB rating this playoffs and Eli's 103 QB rating last playoffs despite the fact Flacco is a career 86 QB rating player and Eli a 83 career QB rating.
2) The truly "elite" QBs -- Brady, Rodgers, Peyton, Brees -- and there are no more, are the ones that put their team in the playoffs nearly every single season. And even under that premise, you could argue Brees doesn't belong in that sentence since the Saints have missed the playoffs 3 times in Brees's 7 years there.
3) The playoffs are an utter crapshoot. At the end of the last two regular seasons, who the hell would have guessed the Giants and Ravens would be crowned SB champs? I sure as hell didn't.
They got over the hump because:
1) Flacco played the best four game stretch of his career
2) The playoffs are a crapshoot
3) Many players were playing over their heads in the playoffs -- namely Boldin, Pitta, Kruger.
If you're going into a negotiation after the playoffs/super bowl he had, and you're NOT asking to be the highest paid QB, you need a new agent.
He has the same amount of Super Bowl wins as Peyton and Drew Brees. He's going to get it.
Its the medias and agents fault with all the "Elite" talk...they set the market for players......you don't hear Drew Brees or Aaron Rodgers or Eli saying he wants to be the highest paid...they are ruining the integrity of the game....
Well for one Drew Brees is the highest paid QB and held put until he was.t. Rogers Signed a 6 year 10 mill a year contract one year before FA, and after only starting 8 games at the end of 2014 he will become the highest paid.
Flacco was the superbowl winning qb and they built a team around his skill set.
The two faces of the team are most likely retiring. Critical players may leave in FA such as Kruger, Ellerbre, Williams and McKennie. Terrel Suggs will be 31 and is not the player he was 3 years ago. If They let Flacco walk what will they have 2 years from now.
And it is the agents job to get the most for him and his client.
the big question always is can you take flacco and put him on any other team and expect the same success? some qb's have shown this to be true like manning or brees and roethlisberger can probably change teams effectively but outside of a few the qb's success is determined by the team he's playing on. he'll get his payday and it's rightly deserved but i doubt if he get into manning's class.
i think you need to include roethlisberger in your elite class and maybe knock brady down a bit. big ben makes his team play much better and the oline doesn't have to be that good because he moves around so well and is great at finding the open receiver. brady requires his oline to block well. pressure brady and he falls like a cheap tent. ask yourself which qb would be able to take his talents to another team and succeed.