Job Interview Help/Advice Needed
This may be a bit long-winded, but any help would be appreciated.
On January 4th I interviewed for a job at a start-up company that is very well funded by a major auto manufacturer and several private equity firms. Long story short, it's a small operation with big aspirations. I like the idea, love the opportunity, and love the pay, perks, etc. Long story short, on January 4th I interviewed with the CEO. The interview went great, and I left thinking I had the job in the bag (the CEO essentially said as much). I asked the CEO when I would hear back from him, and he said that he'd like for me to come in the following week (week of January 7th) for a follow-up meeting and that he'd be in touch. I wrote a thank you e-mail right after our interview (and sent him a message on LInkedIn, which is how we were communicating in the days leading up to the interview), but never heard back.
Sure enough, the week of January 7th comes and goes, and I hear nothing. I Write a follow-up e-mail on January 14th (and send a message on LinkedIn) asking for an update, but still don't hear anything. At this point, I all but assume that they've moved on to another candidate, and that there isn't any interest on their part.
Finally, on January 30th I decided to write one final e-mail to the CEO asking him if I was still in consideration for the open position. In that e-mail, I thanked him for the opportunity, and wished him luck if had decided to go in another direction.
Sure enough, the CEO responds back to me right away saying that I am one of the top candidates for the position, and that he would contact me the week of February 4th to meet with the other team members.
As you can imagine at this point, the week of February 4th comes and goes without any contact. On February 9th, I decide to call him in an effort to get the process rolling. I assume that a phone call will get me the direct answers I'm looking for. I call him, he answers (he sounded excited to hear from me), but says that he's walking into a breakfast meeting and that he can't talk. He says that he'll call me back and that we'll catch up. So far, as of this writing, I haven't heard back. I followed that phone call up with a message on LinkedIn on February 9th, but still haven't heard back.
At this point, it's February 19th and I'm not sure what to do next. This is my dream position, and I'll do anything to get it, but I feel like I'm pulling teeth here.
What should my next move be? Any advice as to how to proceed?
Any help is appreciated.