Mother of all mock drafts...
1) WR- Cordarelle Patterson - Big, Fast, sudden, playmaker. Will require double teams right off the bat.
Why? It doesn't look like they will bring Braylon back, Hill is still a work in progress and Holmes won't be ready until the season starts. Let's face it, Sanchez' biggest problem was his lack of capable receivers all season, Patterson will ease some of those concerns. Last but not least he will be the BPA when we pick at #9.
2) QB- Tyler Wilson- Tough, accurate, rocket armed with a gunslinger mentality who knows how to lead and rally the troops.
Why? We need to come away with a QB in this draft and Wilson is the second best at his position in this draft behind Geno Smith. Sanchez will have real competition come late July.
3) OG- Kyle Long- Athletic and strong, can pull and is a capable pass protector. Played LT at Oregon but excelled at LG.
Why? We signed Colon but he most likely will play RG after Moore's departure. Slauson might not be back and is marginal at best, outside of Schlauderaff we have nobody, Kyle is Howie's kid and won't disappoint the bloodline.
4) TE- Joseph Fauria- Big tall target who can get open and catch, good blocker with room to grow and get stronger.
Why? Cumberland needs a complement, a guy who can do it all well, Fauria is a faster version of Anthony Becht, good bloodlines too his brother Christian played for the Seahawks.
5) OLB- David Bass- A sack master who played four years and produced although at Div 2 Missouri Southern, fiery leader.
Why? We need a pass rusher, although the signing of Antwan Barnes and the emergence of McEntyre plus Ricky Sapp's potential, coupled with more 4-3 looks has lessened the need for a typical 3-4 type OLB. Rex will always find ways to generate pressure and Bass will fit right in.
6) RB/FB- Lonnie Pryor- Built more like an every down RB than a FB, Pryor can do it all well, run, catch and block, Pryor (6.0 220) also has deceptive speed to take it to the house. A consumate team player who won't mind doing the dirty work including special teams.
Why? Every team needs versatility and Pryor is a Swiss Army Knife.
7) RT- John Wetzel- Tough player who has experience at both left and right tackle, has started every game the last two seasons at Boston College.
Why? We need depth at the tackle spots, God forbid Brick goes down we have no one behind him.
There you have it, I know it won't please all of you and there were certain areas of need I didn't address like safety, but I feel somewhat confident that Bush and Allen can step up in year two... Keep an eye on Jaiqwan Jarrett a guy our scouts absolutely loved coming out of Temple and who was drafted in the third round by Philly, that dude can play. Also some will kill me for waiting so long for a linebacker, but I have a feeling we will sign another free agent, maybe Victor Butler or James Harrison now that Baltimore signed Dumerville.
All in all I think it does address some of our most pressing needs, thoughts?