In Sanchez's rookie season he continued to make the very same mistakes again and again. Then Rex had to go to color cards to aid Sanchez?
That's when I started saying the Jets may have made a mistake on Sanchez. And that should be rather obvious to a football expert such as you.:rolleyes:
Took some toll on the Giants when they went to Tampa, Dallas and Green Bay.....Again it really took its toll on the Giants when they went to Green Bay and San Francisco 2 years ago....
Jets had to travel all the way to New England and Pittsburgh....Scary, wonder why they even showed up!:rolleyes::rolleyes:
That is not the argument Maine and you know it....You said we would have thought 09-10 were the glory days had Sanchez not been the QB....He played better in the playoffs than the regular season while the rest of the team went backwards....Never argued anything else...
2011 was interesting, while watching him, most would agree that it didn't seem like he was improving much, he actually was a legit pro bowl candidate with 3 games left in the season (21tds 11ints, with 3 beatable opponents). Everything seemed to fall apart from there. There was still reason to believe Sanchez could have turned it around going into his 4th season.
What is there to analyze? There are only a handful QBs that have played the last few seasons that are incompetent enough to produce that awful sequence of events that unfolded. Unfortunately, one of them starts for our team.... :(
Most embarrassing play I have seen in 30+ years of watching football, what a freaking loser.
Last year, Mark Sanchez was 246 for 453 or 54%.
To get to this magical 60% level, he would have had to have completed 272 passes. That's 26 more completions. That's 1.7 more completions per game.
Anyone who watched the 2012 New York Jets who thinks that another 3 completions every 2 games would have improved our record from 6-10 to 10-6 needs his head examined.
We took a good 4th year quarterback and stripped him of his weapons, crippled his OL, found RB's that couldn't run, put WR's that no one ever heard of, and changed his OC for the second time in two years. What a shocker that he regressed. What a surprise it was. No one saw that coming when we broke camp in Cortland.
Give me a break.
As a fan for over 30 years, I've seen lots of lousy Jets quarterbacks who could never get it done in the postseason, so having one that can get it done in the postseason is a big deal. You wait your whole life for a QB that isn't afraid of the playoffs, at one point we found one.
I don't buy into this "fragile" psyche stuff. Mark has confidence, a swagger, and is merely punch-drunk from all the hits he's taken. I believe that he's got a 30% chance of becoming good, a 70% chance we've ruined him. And even if there's only a 10% chance of him being good, you give him that chance. It's just too hard to find a good QB, especially one who plays his best in postseason games.
In a year like this one where we're a disaster anyway, get him a new OC, get him some WR's he can trust and are NFL-caliber, see if he can bounce back. Fix the toy. Especially since there are no good QB's out there to draft or obtain in FA.
Take a deep breath and realize that none of this matters. The Jets have declared 2013 a train-wreck, pulling a Mets on us, dumping salary, dumping players, trying to get a completely clean slate by 2015 by which time we'll look like an expansion team, not one that was pretty good for 15 seasons.
The more Mark Sanchez sucks, the more perfect he is to lead our team for the next two years. Would be worse to have a great quarterback. He wouldn't compliment this pile of sh-t that John Idzik is creating. The only fun to be derived from this 3-13 campaign is the booing of Rex Ryan, the chants, the banners, the no-shows, the Daily News caricature covers, it's going to be epic.
This is one of those seasons where you kick-back, spend some time with the family, mow the lawn on Sunday's, get some fresh air. The Jets aren't going to cause you anything but humiliation for the next few seasons, don't fret over the quarterback, it doesn't matter in the big picture.
Like many other "players coaches", Rex Ryan breathed energy into a beleaguered Eric Mangini squad, brought a few decent Ravens over, and found a way to split with the Patriots.
The moment the loosey-goosey management style dried up and the moment that Bill Belichick figured out how to crush Ryan's D, the wheels fell off and it all went to hell. Ryan then loaded up his D at the expense of the O and that ruined what chance we had.