And LMAO at the SOJF and wannabe SOJF pointing out Ryan as a problem.
Some fans are just clueless
To say the Jets have been unsuccessful under Woody is idiotic... To say they've been successful is also BS...
The team has been to the playoffs 6 of his 12 years of ownership...
No Superbowl appearance... Same case for 50% of the league since he purchased the team.
The Jets are average. Some good years, some bad. Things could obviously be worse, things may get better... It beats what I watched in the mid 90's as a kid...
Sure, some can be influential, look no further than your Cheats, between his influence on Patdell and spygate, and his role with the officiating committee, those cheats have a hell of an owner!
The problem with Woody, and some others in his mold, is he's a trust fund baby who's never managed a successful organization in his life. Everything he has was handed to him and he lacks the tools to put together a dynamic management team, and at least from the outside, looks like he can't stay out of the way of playing with his shiny toy as well. IMO it's a viable complaint from Jets Fans to point to the owner as one thing "wrong" with the team.
The Pats in the 70s refused to upgrade the facilities or spend money in scouting so they lost Chuck Fairbanks. In the late 80s they lost so much money in outside ventures that they hocked the team and got in so much debt that they could not afford the SB for Cortez Kennedy and had to trade down and this is just a couple of years after going to the SB.
Please, Don't tell a patriot fan than ownership is not the most important piece of the organization.
What are you talking about? if the protection is not holding up- you have to get rid of the ball earlier. See Sanchez last year. When Brady is pressured you don't see happy feet or see him abandoning the pocket. And what is too quickly are you saying that the route was taking too long or that he threw the ball inaccurately because of the pressure. Besides Isolated incidences during a game, please point to these games where his accuracy was effected by the rush. I seen him be effected much more by coverage schemes (jets 2010 and the ravens in the last two years) than by pressure.
Please tell me the patriots top receivers in 2001 to 2006?
1) 77 wins/83 losses= 48% win rate. The Jets have been a bit below average over the last ten years
2) Playoff appearances= 4 . 12/36 teams make the playoffs so average would be 3.3x. The Jets have been a bit above average here.
Overall, our ten year record is middle of the pack. There has been "nothing wrong" with the Jets however the perception of the team is much worse.
1) Circus atmosphere- toes, Revis tatoos, superbowl promises etc. Idzik seems to be a good first step to repairing this image but Rex needs to shut up or leave. Perception of team was much better under Mangini
2) Ownership- after a failed West side stadium bid they joined forces with Giants to build a very expensive MetLife stadium. This was all done in the midst of a major recession. Lots of pressure from the top to sell tickets at "any cost".
3) Management- to sell as many PSL's as possible they took a "win now" attitude and overpaid for talent such as Santonio while putting the team into salary cap hell. We also failed to adequately rebuild via the draft because we consistently traded away picks.
4) Sanchez. We took a shot and whiffed- then compounded the mistake by locking him in for more years. Duh!
5) Patriots- two superbowls in last ten years. Jets 5-22 heads up over the this period including playoffs. How much further could the Jets have gone if they didn't have to play the Pats 2x a year?
6) Giants - two superbowls in last ten years. Jets 0-3 heads-up vs Giants in last 10 years. Being the second best team in your home city is tough.
blah blah blah the statement was about the owner's competence of the sport for the team they own, not their business success. No effing DUH these people are smart and successful, otherwise they wouldn't be owners.
Woody is not a problem, he is not hindering the process of putting a successful product on the field, he is hiring people he feels comfortable with and knows he needs the right people to run the football operations side of the franchise. This isn't a Jerry Jones situation, a meddling owner who thinks he knows more than he does. Woody doesn't hide from his faults or his weakness as a football savvy owner, and has no problem using whatever resource necessary to get the team where it needs to be and where fans want it to be.
Meanwhile, your owner loves cheating, the game, Patdell, the referees, and with women young enough to be his daughter. :yes:
Difference remains that Kraft has a long history of building success both on and off the field. Woody, on the other hand, has never built a damn thing. Many would say the mere fact that Rex is still the HC after such a huge collapse, is further proof of Woody's cluelessness. In Rex's first two years the team was built to win it all and he came up woefully small. last year, this year and possibly the following year(s) are the price due for the way his "managers" assembled the team on borrowed money.
People love to say well such and such QB, Rogers for example, got sacked more!!!!:rolleyes:
That misses how Sanchez got hit and the manner in which Sanchez got hit which are extremely relevant (eg.Wayne Hunter). People out here who cant break an egg are saying that Sanchez running for his life the last two years should have no bearing on his play!!!!:eek:
Yea that makes perfect sense....:rolleyes:
I loved when people said oh just throw anybody back there and they will show Sanchez is an idiot. Well remember when "Big Brain McElroy" was going to show us all. He did....
Yea he showed us all that he all most got killed that is what he showed us.
The same loney tune group then said out here in post after post that the Jets OL somehow conspired for their own QB to get sacked 11 times!!!!
You can't make this foolishness up!!!!
Has Sanchez played well last year? Nooooooooooo!!!!!!
But for people to say it doesnt matter what talent Sanchez has around him is INSANE!!!!
If that were the case the Pats would just get five guys from the tail gate parking lot for Brady to throw to!!!!
You need talent to win at the skill positions in the NFL this isn't FF!!!:eek: