Top 10 Reasons Geno Will Start Day 1
10. He is the most talented QB on the roster.
9. He was almost drafted at pick 13, Geno said Jets were talking to his agent.
8. He was the consensus #1 QB in the draft, and most thought only franchise QB potential player in the draft
7. First and second round QB draft picks PLAY FIRST YEAR. The sit for a year philosophy is pretty much a relic of the past unless you go to a team with a franchise QB already like Rodgers did.
6. He is more versatile than any QB on the Jets and can allow the Jets to incorporate pistol and read option elements to the offense
5. Listening to MM press conference, Geno is his guy. I think MM has autonomy on offense and it makes sense to give him a QB that can realize his vision
4. They drafted him. Drafting a first round QB is a very unusual move for a rebuilding team with a lame duck HC. Two possibilities: First, Rex gets a personal reset button with a new QB, and, second, MM is actually our next head coach in waiting
3. Jimmy Clausen history lesson. He started as a rookie, sucked, and Carolina was able to get Cam the next year. Playing Geno and seeing what we have does not prevent a high QB pick next year, but not playing him makes it difficult since you don't know what you have in Geno
2. He cannot possibly play worse than Sanchez last year. By any objective measure Sanchez was actually around the 34th or 35th best QB in the NFL meaning he was worse than all the starters and a handful of backups.
1. The Jets franchise needs a new face. And needs to sell merchandise. Revis is gone, and Sanchez is reviled. They need a new poster child for the team and that is Geno