[QUOTE=bman;2842156]How will you guys remember the Bush Years? Here's how I will:
1)Starts presidency off by losing Popular Vote.
2)Worst terrorist attack in history happens on his watch after numerous warnings.
3) Fails to capture those responsible for 9/11
4) Instead, manufactures a BS war on Iraq which costs the US 300 Billion Dollars and countless lives.
5) Endless Scandles.
6) Abu Gharaib torture.
7) Alberto Gonzales, Scooter Libby, Dick Cheney shoots friend in face.
8) katrina (You're doing a great job Brownie)
9) Worst economic collapse since great depression
WOW..I'm an independent who voted for Obama today because Mccain failed to target independents and middle of the road voters.
I hope the next 4 years are BORING compared to these last 8.
God Bless America[/QUOTE]
Democrats have historically had an impossible time trying to get more than 50% of the vote. Only 3 Democrats have won more than 50% of the popular vote: FDR, Lyndon Johnson and Jimmy Carter and they all had to have help of extraordinary circumstances.
I suppose the extraordinary circumstances in Obama's case was that George W. Bush's presidency was extraordinarily bad.