A few problems for the Jets in moving up this year.
- They are drafting much lower than in the past thus to move up and get a top tier talent we will have to pay more.
- We do not have a bag full of picks or extra picks in any round to use as ammo.
- Including players in these deals is the exception to the rule. We were VERY fortunate last year that we found a patsy in Mangini to make a trade with. Our 2nd trade up scenario with St. Louis last yer would have cost us David Harris.
- Teams will be more hesitant to trade down with the Jets for value simply because the Jets have been so successful at it. Teams don't like to look bad trading down instead of taking the Revis's, Harris's and Sanchez's of this world.
- More competition for trade ups. This goes in hand with the point above. Teams that have been shy about trade ups and giving up picks in the past have seen what it has meant to the Jets and will follow suit. (I think the Pats are going to trade up this year with the volume of picks they have.)
To me this might be the ideal year to buck the trend and trade down.