Originally Posted by DDNYjets
TE is not even in the Top 5 of needs or worries. We can have a backup OL play blocking TE.
1. QB play. Will it be good or bad or inconsistent.
2. S. Will any of them be able to cover the TE.
4. OLB/Pass rush. Will the front end help the back end.
5. WR. Can Hill become a deep threat to keep opposing defenses honest and open up things for Tone and the running game.
6. RB. Can Greene be the No. 1 back and stay healthy. Can McKnight be the #2. Who will be catching the balls out of the backfield. Blitz pickup.
Only proves how little you understand NFL football
Using an OL as a TE works in situations, not as a fulltime player. A TE who can block is critical in the NFL game, in the running game, AND the passing game and pass protection schemes.
Maybe Cumberland is that player, but we don't know.
Listing the QB position as the #1 are of concern/need is beyond retarded.