Originally Posted by Beerfish
Very few past glory coaches resurface and have the same success they had before.
Are you just talking about coaches who won the SB? I will assume not. But off the top of my head I can think of:
- Parcells: went to a SB with his second team, and should have gone to a SB with his third team (Jets).
- Jimmy Johnson: had a declining Marino in Miami but resurrected their defense and running game and they were always contenders.
- Tony Dungy: resurrected the Bucs and then the Colts.
- Tom Coughlin - very successful in Jax and we know what he's done with the she-men.
- Dan Reeves and Marty Schottenheimer were both successful in their second (and third) go-arounds.
Obviously there are some that weren't so successful with their 2nd team (Holmgren comes to mind) but otherwise this seems like a bad reason to not pursue Cowher, if it ever comes to that.