Originally Posted by Ray Ray19
Yeah, let's blame the GM and kill the Jets talent with 3 key players on IR and several more out with injuries the first several weeks of the season.
- The OL has been terrible, no injuries there
- The RB situation is pitiful, no injuries there
- Mark Sanchez has become the first QB in 3 seasons to have 4 consecutive games throwing at a less than 50% completion rate (with at least 15 pass attempts/game), blame the WR and TE injuries sure, but there have been at least 2 passes a game where someone is open deep or open in the end zone and Sanchez hasn't completed the pass. The problem is, he rarely completes the pass
- 5 Sacks on the season is outright embarassing
- The team has not a single player at QB, WR, or RB that would be considered above average, even without injuries, the only skill player who consider above average is Holmes
- Sanchez is 26th in passing yards per game (and 30th in Passer Rating )
- Greene is 28th in Rushing Yards per game (Bilal Powell 2nd at 56th)
- Holmes is 27th in receiving yards per game (Jeremy Kerley 2nd at 43rd)
In other words, the Jets do not have a single individual in the top 25 of any category, and don't have more than 1 person in the top 40 IN ANY CATEGORY.
That is beyond dreadful. The offensive talent is brutal, and the young defensive players simply have not stepped up enough. But if you want to chalk up to "injuries" that's fine too.