Originally Posted by SAR I
Mainejet SAR, don't get so nasty. My god who pissed in your wheaties?
You created a post that basically calls me a manipulative liar to which I did not appreciate.
I have never understood your stance on Rex Ryan. NEVER. To me it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
That's cool, but we're here to debate subject matter, not engage in personal attacks. Again, I didn't appreciate your post especially since we go back quite a ways here.
It is completely absurd to say things like, "Rex Ryan should have been fired right after the 2010 AFC Championship". That's pretty dumb when you consider the guy just got done taking us to consecutive AFC Championships. NO ONE would ever make such a ludicrous decision in the face of such success.
1. Sure looks like I was right, doesn't it?
2. The loss at Pittsburgh is an unforgivable sin, the team should have been hungry after losing it the year before, should have been confident after the whacking they put on the Patriots, but no, they get off the bus and no-show. And fans think that getting to back-to-back AFCCG's was such a big deal that they overlook the fact that in those two games Rex Ryan's defense gave up 42 unanswered points in 60 consecutive minutes of play. Second half Game 1, First half Game 2. But Ryan's off the hook. No one mentions it even though it's the worst loss in team history.
And using examples such as foot fetishes is bush league at best. It is completely irrelevant to how he has performed as our HC. Using an example like that only lessens your credibility.
First off, shut up with the "credibility" comment. No one on a Jets fanboy site is "credible". We're just a bunch of stupid fans, nothing more.
Next, just because the incident was of a very personal nature doesn't mean it was okay.
The foot fetish comment is spot-on from a standpoint of showing lousy judgement and that's my primary beef with him.
I don't care what the guy does in his personal life, but at the time he made a very public video he was in a high profile job on an elite NFL team with an eye on a head coaching position. It goes to decision making. Since the day he got here, his decision making has been brutal. His comments, his emotional admissions, his dressing up as his twin brother, Super Bowl guarantees, White House visits.....I used to think he was some master motivator. Now I see that he's just an idiot. The foot fetish video isn't a low-blow. I'd never sink to that level. You have to recognize that it's indicative of terrible decision making at the highest level. A man in a public position on the cusp of becoming a celebrity shouldn't be doing a voiceover with his very recognizable wife on a public website.
And in regards to Mark Sanchez, I have no idea what you're talking about. The PROOF is in his performance on the field for the last 4 seasons. We have a guy playing QB who is horribly inaccurate, makes completely assinine decisions with the football. And these days? After he plays like dogsh*t, he goes into his press conference and doesn't even blame himself. He says things like the team has to do a better job. That's throwing your own team under the bus just so you don't have to deal with very pointed questions from the press like, "Do you fear that you'll get benched?"
I read the tea leaves better than you do, so you're going to have to trust me on this one.
Mark Sanchez was wrongly thrown under the bus last January by Tannenbaum and Ryan and hasn't forgiven them and I don't blame him. The defense collapsed last year, that was the reason we didn't make the playoffs. But in the end, they blamed Mark very publicly. Then in the offseason, they ignore the weapons he needed, didn't replace LT or Plax, and brought in Tim Tebow.
What you're seeing now is a shell of a quarterback who has been undermined by the people he trusted, the people that drafted him. He's a strong kid, so when they're both gone he'll thrive under someone else.
Moreover, Chad Pennington was a MUCH better QB than Mark Sanchez has ever been, bum shoulder and all.
You hated Chad. I agree he wasn't for us because he couldn't stay healthy or win the big one. But he was a FAR better QB when it came to lifting the play of his teammates on the field.
Chad Pennington was a lousy physical specimen. His record is very clear. He stole our money, played in less than half the games he was paid to play in. He also had a far more talented offense to lead than Mark Sanchez ever had and he did nothing with it.
That, my friend is the QB's job. Sanchez gets an "F"
Only the Blind Homers came out of Cortland saying we had a terrific offense that could lead us to 12 wins. We're a joke offensively. OL, RB, TE, WR, you can't name a position of strength or someone an opposing DC has to fear. Mark Sanchez is the figurehead of a lousy offense that Rex Ryan and Mike Tannenbaum ignored.
To me, this entire post is complete nonsense.
1) NO, it absolutely looks like you are all wet when you say he should have been fired after the 2010 AFC Championship. Once again, NO ONE makes such a ludicrous decision after such success.
2) The team showed teamwork and fight in the 2nd half of the Steelers game. 19 unanswered points? The Steelers lost in the SB. So if you were a Steelers fan, would that be a reason to fire their HC? I think not.
3) The foot fetish comment is once again BUSH LEAGUE. I don't condone it either, but it has NOTHING, I repeat NOTHING to do with Rex Ryan as our HC. You're grasping at straws when you attempt to use that line of reasoning. Do you honestly think you'd be fired if your boss caught you OUTSIDE OF WORK on an internet film about foot fetishes? You know damn well you wouldn't, so don't try and assassinate Rex Ryan because of it. It's a free country and if you don't like it? Fine, don't watch the Jets. Because the simple fact is, Woody will NEVER fire Rex Ryan because of a stupid internet film. In other words, you are stuck watching him whether you like it or not.
4) You read tea leaves better than I do?! Sh*t, it sounds like you've been SMOKING those tea leaves.
For crying out loud, what in the world makes you think YOU have this special trait to read between the lines better than anyone else? You do not. Mark Sanchez can be pissed all he wants. I'm sure no one gives a sh*t, including the CS.
Better yet, if he's so pissed as you say, then why doesn't he get off his fat A$$, stop blaming everyone else, start to raise the level of talent of the surrounding players, and actually play GOOD football? Then, he can gloat all he wants, right?
The simple fact is, he's INCAPABLE of doing those things or else he would have.