Top ten Jets thoughts of the week.
1. While Sparano has done a better job with the running game then Schotty the confusion and running the play clock to 1 every play is mind boggling. The defense has a jump start on the play which is huge. The good QB's get to the line early and get a chance to see the blitzers, mike, and ifits zone or man. This is a poorly run unit.
2. Some team out there is going to trade a late round pick for Mark Sanchez this offseason alleviating us from much of his contracts dead money. Why? because someone out there is going to make excuses for him(like most of you) and thinks all he needs is a change of scenery.
3. Jimmy Johnson had mentioned the biggest coaching tool one could ever have is fear. Fear that a player could lose his job. While Rex has many of the makings of a great coach there is no competition for jobs, no fear. He tried to use love and compliments and it went no where. Its his fatal flaw. Mangini and Belichek had those guys afraid every week of losing their job.
4. Mike T's Fatal flaw has been going for the homerun and passing on depth. When you hit its great but there are so many bust in the NFL, and with injuries a recipe for disaster.
5. With Westoff leaving, a NY superbowl soon and all of the above we are looking at the rare case of the entire coaching staff and front office being fired at the end of the season.
6. I love what Philbin is doing in Miami. This week he benched Reggie bush after a fumble. He benched Incognito for a personal Foul. If your a coach you need to make it clear you are not their friend, and messing up is not tolerated. That teams future is brighter then ours right now.
7. Watching Scott Pioli in Kansas City. Mangini here. Crennel in Cleveland. Bill Cowher in Pittsburgh before and after Ben. Bill Belichek before and after Brady. People need to get it in their head. You simply do not win in the NFL unless you have a good qb. Sure you may sneak into the playoffs one year, but unless you get a QB you will not hve success. Shannahan knows this and was willing to trade many picks for one. He gets it.
8. Who do we hire for HC? Someone who gets it. The Steelers didnt win a superbowl until they got big ben with Cowher. Cowher left, and what happened? They won another Superbowl. It wasnt Cowher people. Its was Big Ben.
9. Our Cap. Bad News first: Mark Sanchez and Holmes contract are horrible. Our best scenerio is trading them for 6/7th round picks to take some of the burden off our cap. Ok now the good news> We are in really amazing shape next year and the year after besides those two deals.
10. Heres the big question for you guys. The NY Jets are very similar to the 2011 Broncos. People were going to lose jobs there and Tebow saved their season. The question for you people is : Do you root for Tebow to win, and salvage the season or do you root for him to lose and we clean house including Sanchez, the front office and coaching staff? And let's not make this a tebow vs McElroy debate. Either guy succeeding could save Rex and tannys job. So do u root for our team, for mediocrity, a 8-8 record. Or do u want to clean house
1- With the emergence of Kopernick I wonder if Alex Smith will be available in the offseason. Alex Smith has improved so much. He completes everything, and doesnt turn the ball over. Its seems like he may be a late bloomer and a guy that still has upside. Him and Matt Flynn are interesting guys to look at.
2-Dustin Kellers season of injurys and poor stats may lower his contract demands.
3-Irvin looks pretty good in spurts for Seattle. Very Similar to Maybin. Maybin is going to be super cheap this offseason and all I could hope for is our new coach to sign himand use him on 3rd downs. And ofcourse move to the 4-3.
4-Andy Reid. Great talent evalutor, and the bill cowher of this decade but people are hating on him at this time. He would be a great guy to target.
Last edited by KR; 11-13-2012 at 01:19 AM.