Originally Posted by SAR I
This is what's called a "wake up call". Completely predictable, supposed to, oooh, send a shudder across the locker room, shock and awe.
The Rex Ryan motivational method:
1. Tell everyone they are great.
2. Tell everyone you didn't have the pulse of the locker room.
3. Tell everyone you'll change.
4. Take the players to a "leadership" retreat.
5. Take the players to a sleep coach.
6. Tell everyone they are great.
7. Cut a player to scare them.
So you are still blaming Rex Ryan? Is it his fault that the Jets have found not one pass rusher (not one!) in the seven offseasons since John Abraham was traded? That time period covers three Jet coaches. To quote Lebron James, that's not 1 offseason... not 2... not 3...
Is it Rex Ryan's fault that he's asked to turn garbage into gold? Is it his fault we have no pass rush, or would another coach do better with the likes of Maybin, Ricky Sapp, Calvin Pace, Garrett McIntyre, et al?
I'm not a Ryan apologist, but he is not the root of the problem. Just like Mangini wasn't. Do you honestly think this GM deserves to hire his third head coach and pick his third starting QB? At what point do you point the finger at him?