Originally Posted by jetsfan1983
I really don't understand the point to all of this... Do people think Woody isn't trying? Do they really think he doesn't care?
1. He's spending to the cap. He's not holding back significantly like other owners do.
2. He's shown more than a willingness to fire coaches. Probably fired Mangini a year too early.
3. He's at every damn game...
4. Pretty much whenever he's not at games, he's still walking around wearing a Jets hat or tie because he's proud to be the owner. I've seen him in the city during the week and he's doing exactly that.
Yeah he's trying. Trying to create a circus like atmosphere for brand and headline purposes rather than build a true winner ignoring the backpage aspect of it.
1. Need the cap guys to handle this but I believe we are a few million under the cap, we also have no play makers.
2. He's shown more than a willingness to fire coaches who cannot produce back page headlines. The present HC is a bully, a blow hart, who does not discipline his team when deserved. He's everything you'd teach a young person to NOT be. All talk with little to back it up. It is any surprise that his players talk smack in the most ridiculous of situations?
3. At every game but still does not have a grip on how most JETS fans feel about him and the current embarassing state of the JETS that he created.
4. When he's not at the game he goes on TV and talks about Mitt Romney being his number one priority or hires Patriots fan and WWE wrestler John Cena to be the honorary captain for the NY JETS. You'd think he'd just stay away from the subject after the contoversy of the captain's "C" with this team from sheer embarassment purposes.
Lets add that he totally threw Mangini under the bus by forcing a trade for Favre. A second year HC that is trying to be respected and impliment discipline to his team does not need a HOF QB who refuses to retire and expects special treatment. It was and proved to be a recipe for disaster.
Woody Johnson has presently created an awful work environment for Sanchez to ever have the possibility of succeeding by forcing a trade for Tebow.
Yet, Woody Johnson continues to throw darts by telling the world how he loves Tebow.
The JETS are a collasal embarassment because of him. Worse than Leon Hess.