Originally Posted by MDL_JET
What's the point in naming the starter today? To make you feel better? What's the rush.
Sit down, talk with the coaches, see the practice...go from there.
There are a few reasons why he should have done it today....
1. Its 12:00, he has had time to watch the tape of yesterday in case there was any doubt at all, that sanchez is a completely broken player from a confidence standpoint.
2. Today the players are in early for treatment, he has had time to address the team, BEFORE the media gets a hold of the story.
3. He would have had time to meet with the players privately as well.
4. He can stop/control all media speculation, second guessing etc that will go on now until wednesday as they are off tmrw.
5. He can prevent any player from being asked "who do you think should start". You would think they would all know how to dodge those questions, btu this is the jets lockerroom.
6. This is most important....a decision needs to be made by the start of practice Wed morning because mcelroy deserves the opportunity to have as many first team reps as possible. So any press present for the start of practice will see who takes the first snap, tweet it, and then rex will be on the defensive in the press conf after practice.
There should not be ANYTHING at this point, that mark can do to get back rex's or the teams confidence. Rex should have manned up, made a decision, and moved forward.
Cue two unecessary days of media speculation that could have been avoided.