McElroy and several reasons (in no particular order) why I think the Jets will choose him:
1. Remember we have an owner who wants headlines and a full stadium. A new QB who could possibly win a couple attracts fans to the Chargers game. Also gives fans hope for next season and new jersey sales.
2. Rex is coaching for his job. If he keeps Sanchez in and he keeps up with his normal 3 INTs a game Rex could be shown the door. If McElroy wins a few it helps Rex keep his job. It also makes Tannebaum look good since he was the GM who drafted McElroy
3. The team stepped up for McElroy. I know our WRs aren't the best but Stephen Hill actually caught the ball, Kerley made a couple nice grabs.
4. I've come to realize a "sexy" first round pick will never survive here. Sanchez was doing commercials and promos before he won a Super Bowl. Brady is the same pretty boy type but he was a late round pick and won a Super Bowl before all that happened. I think the organization is realizing this as well.
5. Rex would have said Sanchez was his guy by now he says it after every game. This may just be to confuse Jacksonville's coordinator.