He's hoisted this team on his shoulder at most, 3 times in over 50 games.
3 times he was the offense. And none of them were in line with what a great QB puts up in those situations (400+ yards, 70+% completion percentage, 4+ TDs).
He was handed the reins to a Super Bowl defense, o-line, and running game by a head coach who never has given a rats ass about his offense and told never to lose him the game.
The line of errors is pretty huge:
1) Drafter higher than his worth.
2) West Coast kid with lack of experience thrust into the world's largest media market and told to win a Super Bowl by a bombastic first year head coach.
3) Performance always mis-calculated: This has barely ever been a QB who has won games for the Jets.
4) Drafted the year before rookie salary reform.
5) Extended undeservedly.
6) Massive culture shock. These issues run deep with this kid.
Let me put it this way: There are 2nd rounders in this past year's draft who had more upside than Buttchez. Mentally and physically.