Originally Posted by RoadFan
This is not even a debate in my opinion. College football does suck. However, I will rephrase; College football is unwatchable without a rooting interest.
1) It took how many decades to install a playoff system?
2) 60% of college games are complete and total mismatches that result in blowouts. The beauty of sport is the uncertain outcome. What is the point if Florida lines up against Alcorn St. and beats them by 50?
3) There is no defense in college football. Only a handful of teams in the whole country have quality defenses. Pretty much just the top 3rd of the SEC with an occasional outsider.
4) The QB play is terrible and a mirage. A bunch of spread, read-option garbage with primarily running QB's that can barely throw.
5) The corner play in college is abysmal. Receivers get so open, there is often not even a defender on the TV screen. It is the only way the QB's can complete a pass because most are dreadfully inaccurate. There is also no guarantee that the kid would catch the ball either.
6) The tackling in college, with a few teams excluded, is terrible.
7) The kicking game in college is laughably bad.
8) I could go on.... it is just a poor product. Cheering for your school, that you actually attended, is the only thing that makes sense to me.
Hmmm, I'm guessing that you don't watch that much college football huh ? I say that because just about every point that you made is woefully wrong. The only one you were close on is the Florida versus Alcorn State one, but that only happens a couple times every year for each team.