Originally Posted by sg3
No for the following reasons
1 Quit on the Jets leaving them in a csp hole that required dumping their two best cornerbacks into an expansiion draft to dig out from
2. Also failed and then quit on Miami.and Dallas
3. 102 years old
4. As a draft guru traded down and missed on Orlando Pace then in his next year grabbed HOFer Dorrian Boose with his first pick
5. Traded for Rick Mirer in 1999 once again showing his grocery abilities and then left him in as the starting QB for 7 losses that ruined a season
6. Also quit on the Giants and Pats but who's counting
7. Shark 99 keeps starting threads about him
NO to to leftover rancid tuna
Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
I don't think Parcells is the guy either but what he did in Dallas can not be considered a failure. That team was headed in the right direction when the owner went out and signed TO over the HC objections.
Parcells messed up the cap with the jets, because he had the conflict with needing to win games now and did not take the long range view. Very similar to Tanny in 09 and 10 only we assume either to sell psls or to appease the new HC.
Parcells is to loyal to his guys and the jets will just get a rehash of guys he was associated with 10 years ago.
The premise of the need for a Director of Football ops is something that I posted many times. Marty to me is much more suited for this role than Parcells.