Originally Posted by Shark99
For these reasons
1.Woody needs a lot of help & Tuna has already turned around our franchise.
2. Contrary to common belief he Will hire college expert for draft
3. he can hire our next GM
4. if we keep Tammy as capologist he already knows him well
5. he always has football itch he can be a consultant
6. he has unfinished business
7. he left us with good players
8. Love to see him stick to Bellichicken
9. He has strong Ny roots
10. Well respected & knows the league
(just off the top of my head and in no particular order)
- Curtis Martin
- Sean Ellis
- John Abraham
- Chad Pennington
- James Farrior
- Vinny Testaverde
- Took our team from 1 and 15 (4 and 28 over the previous two seasons) to 9-7 and almost a playoff birth with Neil O'Donnell as QB in 1 Year.
- In his second year he took us to the AFC Championship Game and we lost to Denver the eventual SB winners. We were winning in the 1st half, but fumbled the game away.
- The following year we were favored to win the superbowl, but Vinny blew out his Achilles, so we were left with 3rd tier QBs.
Not too much bad, mostly Good or Ugly.
Would not guarantee Archie Manning that he would draft Peyton with the first overall pick. Peyton ended up staying in school and was picked the following year #1 overall.
Instead of passing the torch to Bellichick to be the head coach, and retiring, he decides to stay on as GM. Bellichick on the day he was announced as Jets Head Coach says to the world in his press conference that he was not going to take the job.
The rest is history.
Would I take him back?
Absolutely!!! He would get rid of the dead wood in a heartbeat. We'd have a dozen picks in the next draft. We'd have instant legitimacy and be a top destination for free agents. He'd eliminate all our glaring weaknesses and give us depth to protect us from injury. Also I believe Tuna would complement Tanny and Rex. Tanny can keep the numbers in line and Rex's good old boy network would be eliminated and he can blame the boss.
That being said, I think Woody still has a bad taste in his mouth from his previous dealings with Parcells and there's no way he'd bring him back.