Originally Posted by Warfish
What a 10 year old can see is that Mark Sanchez is the primary cause of our poor records in 2011 and 2012. That he is horribly inaccurate. Unproductive. That he is prone to costly, untimely and common turnovers. That he is not posessed of awareness in the pocket, does not feel or see pressure coming, does not get rid of the ball fast enough and does not make good decisions. He is also far too dispassionate, almost to the point of being either disinterested, lacking seriousness or (commonly) simply mopey. Like Eyore. He is not and never has been a leader of men at the NFL level.
And he is, without question, the worst QB of the past 4 years.
None of which had anything to do with our Defense. A Defense that itself seffered from extended playing time, poor field positions to defend, and points scored off of turnovers and special teams. A defense that had to be perfect to overcome how horrible and unproductive Sanchez was and is.
And this year, that Defense wasn't close to perfect, and the record shows it.
Rex Ryan vs. Mark Sanchez? Established Defensive success vs. a total first round bust?
Agree to disagree SAR. If it's Rex or Sanchez, Rex is the clear and uncontested choice all the way.
Hell, you don't even have to be 10 to see that.
If all that Rex Ryan needed to be was an "established defensive success" to be a great head coach I'd agree with you. What he lacks on the other side of the ball is astounding.
Everyone can see that Mark Sanchez is a ball of suck. That isn't the question. The question is WHY is he a ball of suck when he looked so promising in his first two seasons.
You seem to feel Mark sucks because he has no skills.
I seem to feel that there's a 70% chance you're right and a 30% chance that it was the players that were taken away from him and the crap that replaced them not to mention a new OC who was worse and the Tebow migraine.
The Jets couldn't have ruined a quarterback more effectively if they were trying. If they laid out a plan to destroy Mark Sanchez what actually occurred would surpass their wildest dreams.
Conversely, the Jets couldn't have set up a head coach to succeed more successfully than they did with Rex Ryan. Let him pick all the groceries under a subservient GM, let him run a strategy from 1959 that can't work in today's NFL, let him overstock the defense at the expense of the offense, let him ignore the offense completely, let him run his mouth at will, let him never improve, never held him accountable for anything, indulged him every which way countless times.
Rex Ryan is the problem here. He's running the whole show and it sucks.