Originally Posted by DDNYjets
SAR, I think this franchise is going down the toilet as we speak. It has been a decent ride since Parcells but I think that is all over. I blame Woody. Rex is a buffoon but he is only getting away with what Woody is letting him get away with. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a repeat of the early '90s. I have little in Rex as a HC, and even less in him as a talent evaluator and/or developer and absolutely ZERO faith in him being able to build an offense.
Depressing, but true. The tentacles of keeping Rex Ryan is the gift that keeps on giving:
1. Numerous GM's turning us down or not even wanting to interview because of being stuck with Rex Ryan as a prerequisite.
2. Salary cap hell, to fix guts the team to only 10 of 22 starters returning.
3. Hiring the 3rd offensive coordinator in 3 years, really going to help the QB.
4. Half the defensive coaches cut or leaving because they value their reputations which are being destroyed.
5. No free agents will want to come here.
6. No decent coaches will want to come here.
7. Scrub GM will be a compromise decision.
Rex Ryan will be fired next year, but the damage that is being done right now, this month, will haunt us for a decade.