Originally Posted by Mainejet
And since when did 10 things become the expectation of a good HC? Where do you come up with this sh*t? But what the hell, I'll do it anyway:
1) 34-30 record. A WINNING RECORD.
2) The number 1 defense in 2009. NO ONE better.
3) The number 1 running game in 2009. NO ONE better.
4) MULTIPLE playoff wins in 2009. Including beating Philip Rivers on the road
5) MULTIPLE playoff wins in 2010. Including beating Peyton Manning AND Tom Brady on the road. Those are the two of the best QB's in the game. You CAN'T get any better than that.
6) Doing MORE with LESS by winning multiple playoff games in 2009 with a team that was 9-7 and probably shouldn't have even made the playoffs if not for teams that had already secured their respective playoff spots. They beat teams with records of 10-6 and 13-3 respectively.
7) Top 10 defenses in every single season he's been in NY. Has BB EVER had top 10 defenses in 4 consecutive seasons? NO. Did Parcells? NO.
8) Making it all the way to the AFC Championship in 2009. Something NO ONE in their right minds would have ever thought possible in that year.
9) Making it all the way to the AFC Championship in 2010.
10) Doing all of the above while being on his FIRST Head Coaching stint EVER. Has ANY other HC done as much as Rex has in their first stints as HC? NO.
11) Only ONE losing season in 4 seasons as HC. Was BB able to do that in 5 seasons (one more than Rex Ryan has coached) in his first HCing stint? NO.
So take your criticisms of Rex and cram them. Like I already said, you can b*tch all the live long day about Rex and it would be complete HOGWASH. Woody Johnson is keeping Rex Ryan as his HC specifically because of the things I just mentioned. And rightfully so.
I did not ask you for a history lesson. I did not ask you to list the things Rex Ryan did with Eric Mangini's team in 2009 and 2010.
What I asked you to do was provide a Top 10 list of the reasons why Rex Ryan is a good head coach today
, and the right man to lead a rebuilding
The Top 10 Reasons Rex Ryan Is The Right Coach For The 2013 Jets:
HINT: Things that are traits of a good head coach. Like clock management, timeout management, player development, drafting well, halftime adjustments, being proficient in all phases of the game, keeping the team on an even keel, locker room management, etc.
The onus is on you