Originally Posted by Down, Set, Haiku
About a week ago, you gave the Rex-ites a blank sheet to give the rest of JI 10 reasons why Rex is a "great" coach and why he should lead this team going forward. I myself was looking forward to some reasons as I can't think of one reason why that lard-@ss should still be here. Did you get any filled in sheets yet? (I'm guessing no lol)
1. Top 10 Defenses every year since he's been here. His side of the ball, even this year, is not why we lose. with that said, he needs to do more on the other sides of the ball too.
2. I, for one, like the Defense Wins Championships, Ground Game-based Style. I want to see Rex be more involved on O 9at least making people accountable), but really I like winning with D and running. I'm old school.
3. I think the players do play well for him, despite claims of "lost the team" Ryan himself has made. May be too much of aplayers coach, and clearly loves some players too much, but I think job on the lne, he can fix that.
4. I think he's passionate about New York and the Jets, and truly cares about winning here. Of course, so would anyone we'd hope....but thats not always the case (i.e. see Mangini).
5. I'd like to see what a Ryan-led Team can do without Shotty/Sparano on O-Co.
6. I'd like to see what a Rayan-led Team can do without Mark (Worst QB Of Past 4 Years" at QB.
7. I think he's done well developing younger talent, especially on D, and we're young in alot of places. The process is only partially complete.
8. One losing year in four is not enough for me to fire (a second, in a row, tho, and he's a canned ham).
9. Revis back, Holmes back, hopefully Sanchez/Tebow gone, D looks good going forward (few holes to fill), I want to see Ryan again with that.
10. Who is a better option that is available/was available and was a realistic choice? If I heard a good enough name, I could be convinced to go with someone else.