This is a very sticky situation.
I am for trading Revis, but only for the king's ransom. The King's ransom is not what we will receive for him, because he is coming off of an torn ACL and we are not sure yet if he will be 100% the old Revis. We have no time to wait this out because he most likely will walk to the highest bidder in FA, and we not have, nor is he worth, the astronomical number it is assumed he will be asking for.
Do you get whatever you can for him this offseason? Do you wait it out and let him walk in FA? Do you try to negotiate a cap friendly deal with him and have 15-20% of your cap tied up into 2 cornerback without a franchise QB, pass rushers, or offensive weapons on the roster? What if Revis hardballs us during negotiations and he gets mad and walks to the highest bidder?
Idzik has his work cut out for him. I will not be the slightest bit of upset if Idzik decides to cut his losses and trade Revis this offseason to the highest bidder.