There are way too many reasons for trading Revis than against.
1. Jets were fine without him on defense in fact they led the league in completions given up and were second in yardage given up.
2. He is coming off a season ending injury.
3. He is demanding a huge salary increase which is not something the Jets can even imagine right now.
4. The Jets can trade him now and get at least a first round pick if not more vs. keeping him one more and then losing him to free agency and getting maybe a 3rd or 4th for compensation in 2014.
5. He is approaching 28 which is not young for a football player.
The Jets have way to many holes to fill to even justify paying a CB that kind of money. As good as Revis is or was before his injury he cannot score enough points or prevent enough to make this team a winner at this point. Idzik could make a big improvement on the teams cap situation as well as the future with just one big move here with Revis. I say go for it and trade him to the highest bidder out of our division! Like the saying goes it's a business so why not sell high and buy low!