Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard
In the photo, the reason Moore's left leg is in the air and he's leaning backwards is because Sanchez already hit him from behind; in effect, Sanchez took out his legs. Not because Wilfork threw him backwards. Honestly it's as clear as day.
Do this for me. Ignore all the noise in this gif and focus only on these elements:
1. Watch Wilfork's shoulders 5 times.
2. Watch Moore's buttocks 5 times.
3. Watch Moore's left foot 5 times.
What you will see is that before
Mark Sanchez makes contact and fumbles:
1. Wilfork's shoulders have violently torqued and rotated 40 degrees and he is pushing and lifting Moore.
2. Moore's belt-line and buttocks are moving back, towards the right, and violently upwards
as Wilfork is just abusing him, jacking him up-and-over and into Sanchez.
3. Moore's left foot has come 4-6 inches off the ground as a result of Wilfork's torquing him. Losing balance so much that his right foot does a little 'hop' to re-plant and regain balance as he's sliding backwards and rightwards.
It's not like Moore was just standing there and Sanchez plowed into him. Moore was being violently shoved back and sideways right into Mark's path.