Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece
Yes he is.
No he isn't.
Just because Sanchez put his face between Brandon Moore's butt cheeks doesn't make him ghey.
Originally Posted by fnordcircle
With the money I make blowing hobos I was able to get enough of an education to know what the **** 'Freedom of Speech' actually means instead of being one of the throngs of internet dumbasses who always pipe up about 'freedom of speech' all because some idiot is getting rightly called out for saying stupid ****.
LOLz good point, but leave those hobos alone. I agree that freedom of speech is protected, but backlash related to that speech is also protected.
Originally Posted by Cyberjet
Are you serious? - we are talking hypotheticals. The concept being held up here by some is that repercussions against speech is not a deterrent against free speech. I disagree with that concept and feel that damage to freedom of speech can be insidious by the powers PC police. I never said that he was threatened with jail.
I think I understand what you mean. A lot of us are sick of the "pc" crap that's reigned supreme for the past few decades. Yes, backlash IS a deterrent to saying what's on your mind. I can think of a few statements that raise a ruckus right off the top of my head:
1) a white person who didn't vote for Pres. Obama is called racist
, even though he didn't vote for him because he didn't like the POTUS's platform. This repercussion has caused many people to remain quiet in a storm of intolerance for legitimate diffferences of political opinion.
2) a person who believes in God is labeled a "religious fanatic" simply for exercising their right to freedom of religion, so that faith must remain hidden.
3) a young woman who admits she's a virgin will probably be teased, but a young man who's a virgin is derided as "gay". Definitely would suppress that statement.
4) a person who is pro-choice about abortion is accused of promoting "murder". Be careful who you tell.
5) a person who is anti-abortion is called a religious zealot. That person may not even believe in God, but is ridiculed nonetheless.
6) Someone who believes marriage is between a woman and a man is vilified as "anti-gay", instead of just being someone with a different opinion.
I see a lot of this kind of intolerance on the net. Life isn't black and white - it's shades of gray. YOUR way or MY way is not the only "right" way. I'm tired of the negative labels and the class warfare like the "99%" BS, "Occupy Wall Street" crap, and the "47 percent" idiocy. I can respect your choice to blow hobos but I don't have to agree with it.
The McDummy 9ers player has a right to believe what he wants. But as a 9er he represents the team and shouldn't have discussed such a volatile topic. He's probably learned a valuable lesson. That apology was pretty effing funny though.