A lot of the movies mentioned here would be on my also eligible list. So many great movies already listed. Here goes my list which means that I have probably seen all these movies at least 25 times, but probably more. Just a huge film fan.
10. The Graduate - There is just something about that last scene
9. Shawshank Redemption - a little slow at time, but epic
8 Valley Girl - My only comedy in the top 10. Just a lot of fun and great music. Lots of great lines, too.
7. Heat - Michael Mann is my favorite director. His long shots are amazing. So much greatness this in this movie, especially that last shot and when the music starts playing - MM at his best.
6. Dances With Wolves - There is just something about this movie that draws me in every time.
5. Amadeus - I love Mozart and I love this genius version of his life
4. The Warriors - My guilty pleasure. Who didn't want to be in a gang after seeing this Walter Hill cult classic?
3. The Godfather - "Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Wednesday". This movie is full of great lines and wisdom. A man's dream come true movie.
2. Saving Private Ryan - A true epic viewing experience. So emotional. How can you not break down when the older Ryan tells his wife "Tell me that I've led a good life. Tell me that I'm a good man" upon reflecting back on Captain Miller's "earn this" comment.
1. Slap Shot - I've played hockey all of my life, so this one is just a favorite of mine, not necessarily the best. One of the best sports movies of all time.
Also eligible list: Any Wes Anderson movie- He's my second favorite director. You always leave his movies feeling good; Big Lebowski - no explanation required; Before Sunset - this one has personal meaning; Once - my favorite musical. When he first plays music with the girl in the music store, it's just a magical scene: Animal House is another classic comedy, Trading Places, too.