Originally Posted by phillyjet
1) He already knows the offense; Marty was his OC, so it would put us light years ahead with a new OC
2) Despite what Philly said last week that they weren't trading him, they now say (per profootballtalk) that it will take a significant offer (i.e. they are willing to trade him.)
3) Completion percentage 61% as a rookie, it will only go up
4) Already has a couple of 300+ yard games under his belt
5) Kansas City cannot match the trade bait that the Jets have (i.e. Revis, or if we are lucky, Cromartie, instead.)
6) His contract is so cap-friendly it is like a get-out-of-jail free card
This would make us instantly relevant as we head into the offseason.
He was drafted in the 3rd round, so by Philly saying it will take a significant offer probably means they are looking for a 2nd and 3rd.
It is funny how a lot of people want to trade for other teams young QBs (Cousins, Foles) who were drafted in the 3rd and 4th rounds last year, when the Jets could just draft their own guy and not over pay another team. No one around here was clamoring for either guy (Foles, Cousins) before the draft last year, yet now they are the answer to be the franchise QB. There are prospects available this year who are being viewed exactly like Foles and Cousins were last year.