Originally Posted by cr726
Let me know when your office gets an Army.
That's what you took out of my statement?
Fine, I'll make it a little deeper. Say my overall overhead per month is about 25K. $6,000 is on rent, and another thousand on phone and utilities. Just because 28% of my overhead is on those 2 things, does not mean that the other 72% of my overhead should be ignored. Now yes, I can try to negotiate my rent down, and it's very troublesome if I purchased the office and the moron before me signed a bad lease.
However, my wasting money there does not mean that it is OK for me to be wasting additional money by having 4 employees when I need 2 full and 1 part timer. It does not mean I should pay $100 for internet when I can find it for $50, it does not mean I should waste $1000 a month on stupid little things with my name on them (like pens), when I can just buy regular supplies for $400.
If your business is losing money at an unprecedented rate, you cut all un needed costs. And, if you want your office to be truly successful, when it is making money you cut all non essential costs. The government seems to run the opposite of this. Are you telling me that someone with a half a brain could not go through the budget and find hundreds of millions of dollars pissed away just by looking for this crap?