1. Eliminate center ice line - trap hockey is as exciting as watching paint dry
2. All stick related minor penalties extended to 3 minutes - the stick is for hitting the puck or stick checking an opponents stick, not killing someone on a breakaway.
3. All penalties are to be served in their entirity. Even a 5-1 lead then would not be safe. The power play is the most exciting play in hockey.
4. Keep icing illegal for shorthanded teams. I never understood, penalizing a team, then giving them a break.
5. A game cannot end with a player in the penalty box in a tied game or if the penalized player is from the team leading the game. The game would end only after the penalty is served in its entirity.
6. No more ties. 2 5 minute o/t periods follwed by a shootout.
7. Lets bring it down to 24 teams with no more than 8 making the playoffs.