Originally posted by sect112row36@Nov 24 2004, 02:34 PM
1. Eliminate center ice line - trap hockey is as exciting as watching paint dry
2. All stick related minor penalties extended to 3 minutes - the stick is for hitting the puck or stick checking an opponents stick, not killing someone on a breakaway.
3. All penalties are to be served in their entirity. Even a 5-1 lead then would not be safe. The power play is the most exciting play in hockey.
4. Keep icing illegal for shorthanded teams. I never understood, penalizing a team, then giving them a break.
5. A game cannot end with a player in the penalty box in a tied game or if the penalized player is from the team leading the game. The game would end only after the penalty is served in its entirity.
6. No more ties. 2 5 minute o/t periods follwed by a shootout.
7. Lets bring it down to 24 teams with no more than 8 making the playoffs.
1. All for it.
2. No way. That can be fixed by eliminating the instigator rule and bringing the role of enforcer back. That crap didn't happen when people knew they were wearing a target on their back afterwards.
3. No thanks. Getting a goal scored against you is penalty enough. With the way the NHL refs call penalties, the game would be a mess.
4. Disagree. 5 on 4 is enough of an advantage. Being on the PK is one of the hardest things to do.
5. No thanks. What's the point really?
6. No Shootouts. What'd wrong with 2 teams playing their guts out and getting a point. Really, why is everyone so anti-tie?
7. 6 in the playoffs, 3 division winners and 3 wild cards. Top 2 teams get a 1st round bye. 1st round and 2nd round, best of 5. 3rd round best of 7.
8. Fire Gary Bettman