|Political Forum Archive An archive for all Political Forum posts older than 120 days|
|11-21-2011, 02:14 PM||#1|
Lib Free Or Die.....
Join Date: Apr 2003
Obama's Historic List Of Firsts......
[QUOTE]Yes, he's historic, alright.
• First President to Preside Over a Cut to the Credit Rating of the United States Government
• First President to Violate the War Powers Act
• First President to Orchestrate the Sale of Murder Weapons to Mexican Drug Cartels
• First President to be Held in Contempt of Court for Illegally Obstructing Oil Drilling in the Gulf of Mexico
• First President to Defy a Federal Judge's Court Order to Cease Implementing the 'Health Care Reform' Law
• First President to Require All Americans to Purchase a Product From a Third Party
• First President to Spend a Trillion Dollars on 'Shovel-Ready' Jobs -- and Later Admit There Was No Such Thing as Shovel-Ready Jobs
• First President to Abrogate Bankruptcy Law to Turn Over Control of Companies to His Union Supporters
• First President to Bypass Congress and Implement the DREAM Act Through Executive Fiat
• First President to Threaten Insurance Companies After They Publicly Spoke out on How Obamacare Helped Cause their Rate Increases
• First President to Threaten an Auto Company (Ford) After It Publicly Mocked Bailouts of GM and Chrysler
• First President to "Order a Secret Amnesty Program that Stopped the Deportations of Illegal Immigrants Across the U.S., Including Those With Criminal Convictions"
• First President to Demand a Company Hand Over $20 Billion to One of His Political Appointees
• First President to Terminate America's Ability to Put a Man into Space.
• First President to Encourage Racial Discrimination and Intimidation at Polling Places
• First President to Have a Law Signed By an 'Auto-pen' Without Being "Present"
• First President to Arbitrarily Declare an Existing Law Unconstitutional and Refuse to Enforce It
• First President to Tell a Major Manufacturing Company In Which State They Are Allowed to Locate a Factory
• First President to refuse to comply with a House Oversight Committee subpoena.
• First President to File Lawsuits Against the States He Swore an Oath to Protect (AZ, WI, OH, IN, etc.)
• First President to Withdraw an Existing Coal Permit That Had Been Properly Issued Years Ago
• First President to Fire an Inspector General of Americorps for Catching One of His Friends in a Corruption Case
• First President to Propose an Executive Order Demanding Companies Disclose Their Political Contributions to Bid on Government Contracts
• First President to allow Mexican police to conduct law enforcement activities on American soil
• First President to Golf 80 or More Times in His First Two-and-a-Half Years in Office
But remember: he will not rest until all Americans have jobs, affordable homes, green-energy vehicles, and the environment is repaired, etc., etc., etc.
|05-30-2012, 07:40 PM||#4|
Join Date: Aug 2010
I think "Looter in Chief" is a fair label...
Eighty percent of the Department of Energy's (DOE) green loans, loan guarantees, and grants went to Obama backers. As Gomer Pyle used to say, "Surprise, surprise, surprise."
Let's turn our attention to what has actually happened since Obama took office.
•SunPower, after receiving $1.5 billion from DOE, is reorganizing, cutting jobs.
•First Solar, after receiving $1.46 billion from DOE, is reorganizing, cutting jobs.
•Solyndra, after receiving $535 million from DOE, filed for bankruptcy protection.
•Ener1, after receiving $118.5 million from DOE, filed for bankruptcy protection.
•Evergreen Solar, after receiving millions of dollars from the state of Massachusetts, filed for bankruptcy protection.
•SpectraWatt, backed by Intel and Goldman Sachs, filed for bankruptcy protection.
•Beacon Power, after receiving $43 million from DOE, filed for bankruptcy protection.
•Abound Solar, after receiving $400 million from DOE, filed for bankruptcy protection.
•Amonix, after receiving $5.9 million from DOE, filed for bankruptcy protection.
•Babcock & Brown (an Australian company), after receiving $178 million from DOE, filed for bankruptcy protection.
•A123 Systems, after receiving $279 million from DOE, shipped some bad batteries and is barely operating. It cut jobs.
•Solar Trust for America, after receiving $2.1 billion loan guarantee from DOE, filed for bankruptcy protection.
•Nevada Geothermal, after receiving $98.5 million from DOE, warns of potential defaults in new SEC filings.
And that's a partial list. Can Obama and the DOE pick 'em, or what?
|06-02-2012, 01:34 PM||#5|
Join Date: Aug 2010
I believe this is a first:
While unemployment has fallen since the beginning of the 2010 recovery summer by 1,899,000, the number of people going of disability grew by 2,059,000 for a NET INCREASE of 170,000 going on disability.