Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Al-Queda/Al Ansar terrorists killed/captured in Iraq: what lib media won't report

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Al-Queda/Al Ansar terrorists killed/captured in Iraq: what lib media won't report

BAGHDAD, Iraq Coalition forces raided a terrorist safe house in the city of Haditha Sept. 18, resulting in the death of Shehab Hamed (aka Abu Ali), a known al Qaida in Iraq senior military Emir, and the capture of another terrorist.

Abu Ali has been identified as the senior al Qaida in Iraq military Emir of al Qaim and was responsible for all terrorist operations in the al Qaim area. He was responsible for directing, planning and executing VBIED, IED and mortar attacks against Iraqi security and Coalition forces.

Coalition forces believe that Abu Ali recently assumed the role of regional al Qaida in Iraq military Emir responsible for all regional terrorist operations for the group in the al Qaim and Haditha areas along the Euphrates River Valley.

--------------------------------------------------

One of the leaders of the terror organisation, the Ansar al-Sunna Army, was recently arrested in an area south of Baghdad, an Iraqi newspaper has reported. Ahmad Khadir Shahd al-Ghariri, an Ansar al-Sunna leader operating in the Larifaya district, the so-called 'triangle of death", was picked up by Iraqi security forces, the al-Mada neswpaper said.

Police chief Muhammad Abu Kahila was cited by the newspaper as saying that the militant leader had cut the throats of at least 15 people and carried out attacks on Iraqi police patrols and American troops. He was the head of a group of 15 militants and is thought to have been captured inside a hotel in the city of Samawa, south of the capital.

Ansar al-Sunna, or Army of the Protectors of the Sunna [which refers to the collective teachings of the Prophet Muhammad], is a Sunni extremist group said to be linked to al-Qaeda and Jordanian militant Abu Musab al-Zarqawi. It has claimed responsibility for a number of deadly attacks and kidnappings in Iraq.

In another operation, police also arrested four criminals responsible for the kidnapping and sexual assault of young women in the area south of Baghdad. The four have admitted to kidnapping and raping four female students who were on their way to university, demanding a ransom of 25,000 dollars for each girl.

[url]http://www.adnki.com/index_2Level.php?cat=Terrorism&loid=8.0.210579498&par=0[/url]

-------------------------

naa....the lib media doesn't have an agenda....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    CBNY have you heard we took Samarra 4 times and we lost it 4 times. After a certain point it becomes "who cares" - we aren't fighting this war effectively or smartly - and it's seriously doubtful whether our goals are realistic.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    oops...more news that doesn't fit the MSM's agenda:

[QUOTE][B]Syria ready to cooperate with US, Iraq [/B]

WASHINGTON - Syria on Thursday strongly condemned bomb attacks which have killed scores of people in Baghdad this week and said it was ready to do "whatever it takes" to cooperate with US and Iraqi authorities in bringing security and stability to its neighbour.
    Syria is facing hard time

In a statement released two days after US President George W. Bush publicly warned Damascus to stop foreign fighters entering Iraq, the Syrian embassy here said the country was making "great efforts" to seal the border between Syria and Iraq.

"Syria strongly and categorically denounces the terrorist explosions, which have killed and injured many innocent civilians in Iraq during the past couple of days," the statement said.
    "In this hard time, Syria would like to reiterate its position calling for the unity of the Iraqi people as a path to insure stability and security in Iraq.
    "To help the Iraqi people in achieving security and prosperity and because the Iraqi quagmire has dangerous implications on the entire Middle East, Syria has exerted and continues to exert great efforts to seal the Syrian-Iraqi border," the statement said.
    "Moreover, Syria reiterates our willingness to do whatever it takes to cooperate with the US and Iraqi authorities for the sake of achieving these objectives," it added.
    Bush warned Syria on Tuesday that it faces growing isolation because of its failure to stop foreign fighters from entering Iraq and because of its actions in Lebanon.
    "These people are coming from Syria into Iraq and killing a lot of innocent people," Bush told reporters following a meeting at the White House with Iraqi President Jalal Talabani. "They're trying to kill our folks as well.
    "And the Syrian leader (President Bashar al-Assad) must understand, we take his lack of action seriously," Bush said.
    "The (Syrian) government is going to become more and more isolated as a result of two things: one, not being cooperative with the Iraqi government in terms of securing Iraq and, two, not being fully transparent about what they did in Lebanon," the president said.
    Bush did not specify what Syrian actions in Lebanon he was referring to but Damascus and its allies in the then-Lebanese government have been widely blamed for the February 14 bomb blast on the Beirut seafront that killed former Lebanese prime minister Rafiq Hariri.
    The US ambassador to Iraq, Zalmay Khalilzad, issued a strong warning to Damascus on Monday over providing help to radical groups in Iraq and said "our patience is running out."
    When asked how the United States could respond, Khalilzad said "all options are on the table," including military. "I would not like to elaborate more, they should understand what I mean."
    Asked about the military option Thursday, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said that was "not the issue right now with Syria."
    "The president never takes any option off the table, but I think that's not the issue right now with Syria," Rice told reporters at the United Nations, where she was attending a summit. "I think the issue right now with Syria is that Syria is really internationally isolated."
    Middle East On Line
    Syria ready to cooperate with US, Iraq

WASHINGTON - Syria on Thursday strongly condemned bomb attacks which have killed scores of people in Baghdad this week and said it was ready to do "whatever it takes" to cooperate with US and Iraqi authorities in bringing security and stability to its neighbour.
    In a statement released two days after US President George W. Bush publicly warned Damascus to stop foreign fighters entering Iraq, the Syrian embassy here said the country was making "great efforts" to seal the border between Syria and Iraq.
    "Syria strongly and categorically denounces the terrorist explosions, which have killed and injured many innocent civilians in Iraq during the past couple of days," the statement said.
    "In this hard time, Syria would like to reiterate its position calling for the unity of the Iraqi people as a path to insure stability and security in Iraq.
    "To help the Iraqi people in achieving security and prosperity and because the Iraqi quagmire has dangerous implications on the entire Middle East, Syria has exerted and continues to exert great efforts to seal the Syrian-Iraqi border," the statement said.
    "Moreover, Syria reiterates our willingness to do whatever it takes to cooperate with the US and Iraqi authorities for the sake of achieving these objectives," it added.
    Bush warned Syria on Tuesday that it faces growing isolation because of its failure to stop foreign fighters from entering Iraq and because of its actions in Lebanon.
    "These people are coming from Syria into Iraq and killing a lot of innocent people," Bush told reporters following a meeting at the White House with Iraqi President Jalal Talabani. "They're trying to kill our folks as well.
    "And the Syrian leader (President Bashar al-Assad) must understand, we take his lack of action seriously," Bush said.
    "The (Syrian) government is going to become more and more isolated as a result of two things: one, not being cooperative with the Iraqi government in terms of securing Iraq and, two, not being fully transparent about what they did in Lebanon," the president said.
    Bush did not specify what Syrian actions in Lebanon he was referring to but Damascus and its allies in the then-Lebanese government have been widely blamed for the February 14 bomb blast on the Beirut seafront that killed former Lebanese prime minister Rafiq Hariri.
    The US ambassador to Iraq, Zalmay Khalilzad, issued a strong warning to Damascus on Monday over providing help to radical groups in Iraq and said "our patience is running out."
    When asked how the United States could respond, Khalilzad said "all options are on the table," including military. "I would not like to elaborate more, they should understand what I mean."
    Asked about the military option Thursday, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said that was "not the issue right now with Syria."
    "The president never takes any option off the table, but I think that's not the issue right now with Syria," Rice told reporters at the United Nations, where she was attending a summit. "I think the issue right now with Syria is that Syria is really internationally isolated."

[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.almendhar.com/english_6308/news.aspx[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    WAAAH WAAAH

Oh the LIBERAL media! Damn them straight to heck!

How can the media be so liberal when Fox News has more ratings than every other cable news station combined? When Air America has 10 listeners total and 8 are paranoid conservatives?

The liberal media is a myth. These guys have kissed Bush's @ss non-stop since 9-11. Get real please.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Won't see this on See B.S. (you remember; the "Tiffany" network who knowingly used fake doucments to piece together a fraudulent story against the President of the United States right before last November's election:

[QUOTE]Saudi Arabia: Two terror suspects arrested in Iraq

Riyadh, 15 Sept. (AKI) - Two Saudi terror suspects on the kingdom's latest most wanted list have been arrested in northern Iraq by Kurdish security forces. Saudi newspaper Okaz reported that Abdullah Mohammad Saleh al-Ramyan, 27, and Mohammad Saleh Sulaiman al-Rashoodi, 24, - numbers 32 and 33 on list of 36 issued at the end of June - were arrested as they tried to enter Iraqi territory. Both men appear on list as "known to have been involved in domestic incidents and are presumed to be currently outside the kingdom."

News of their arrest came as another terror suspect from list of 36 posted an audio tape of himself on the Internet to prove he is still alive, despite Interior Ministry listing him as one of five militants killed in three day stand-off in city of Dammam. "The Interior Ministry claimed to have killed me. God have mercy, I am still alive," voice attributed to Mohammed al-Suwailmi said. "It is proof of the impotence of the apostate government," he said.

The ministry admitted this week that following DNA testing they had discovered that the body was actually that of al-Suwailmi's brother Ahmed, who was not previously thought to have been involved in terrorist activities and did not appear on any of most wanted lists. Mohammad, however, is number seven on the latest list and is now believed to be in Iraq. The 23-year-old is said to be highly skilled at using computers and the Internet.

The Iraq arrests bring the number of terror suspects killed or in Saudi custody to at least eleven. There is only one suspect still at large on the previous list of 26, following the death of Saudi al-Qaeda leader Saleh al-Oufi in a shootout with police in August in the holy Muslim city of Medina.
    [/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.adnki.com/index_2Level.php?cat=Terrorism&loid=8.0.208042886&par=0[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]oops...more news that doesn't fit the MSM's agenda:

[url="http://www.almendhar.com/english_6308/news.aspx"]http://www.almendhar.com/english_6308/news.aspx[/url][/QUOTE]

um . . . yeah. Because Bashar Assad is so trustworthy. Why [i]wouldn't[/i] we take him at his word on this? :confused:

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=doggin94it]um . . . yeah. Because Bashar Assad is so trustworthy. Why [i]wouldn't[/i] we take him at his word on this? :confused:[/QUOTE]

no less trustworthy then let's say, um- I don't know, Newsweak Magazine?

Wouldn't you agree?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm getting this feeling that both Syria and Iran think that if the US is tied up in Iraq (with their "help"), they'll be free to do whateve they want to. Bad assumption. :tsk:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=quantum]I'm getting this feeling that both Syria and Iran think that if the US is tied up in Iraq (with their "help"), they'll be free to do whateve they want to. Bad assumption. :tsk:[/QUOTE]

what they don't realize we are willing to dive head first into unwinnable situations again and again! do we learn from tactical mistakes like Vietnam?

Hell no let's invade some more countries and battle their population in urban guerrilla warfare! ohhh yeah!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]what they don't realize we are willing to dive head first into unwinnable situations again and again! do we learn from tactical mistakes like Vietnam?

Hell no let's invade some more countries and battle their population in urban guerrilla warfare! ohhh yeah![/QUOTE]

God to see you're on board! Next topic!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess the MSM stopped reporting this crap beccause it seems that every other day we are capturing a so called "major" leader of al queda. How many "major" leaders are there?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    IMHO opinion I believe that even if we kill osama it will be too little too late.

We have opened a hornets nest of the nutso's by our invasion of Iraq. I really believe our primary mission should have been to get osama while the coals were hot and not weaken ourselves by massive movement of troops to Iraq. I fear that in the end Syria and Iran will have more influence in Iraq than us, while our bloodshed did the dirty work for them.