Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Religion and Politics- Religitics or Poligion

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Religion and Politics- Religitics or Poligion

They really are becoming the same. Lately as I have been getting older (26) I have been having thoughts of mortality and my place in the world. The main thing that has helped me is my faith and belief in an afterlife, and the teachings of Jesus- I said teachings- not belief that he is the son of a man in the sky with a cane and a beard-. These are anchors in my life that help me be a better man, but they are beliefs. Nothing is proven and nothing is fact, I believe in them and I hope that they are real. Politics is becoming the same stuff, and it is sad. Nothing is proven, nothing is fact. Everything has a loophole, and I feel like everyone has an agenda to help themselves. I fell cheated, bewildered, mad, and hurt. Never has my belief in something as tangible as politics been so weak and filled with anger and doubt. There is nothing real about this administration, the republicans that support it, or the democrats that don't. There is nothing real in the media. Nothing real or original in the ideas and minds of the American people. This whole thing is just becoming a mythical creature that won't go away. I want the politics back where people take responsibility for screwing up, dems and repubs. I want the politics back that cares about the issues in America. I want something real back that deals with issues other than religious ones. I mean come on look at our debt, our Midwest, or Northeast. Jobs lack benefits, people are hurting, not only in their pocketbooks, but in their morale. Can we please have a politician ala Clinton that cared about he deficit. Enough about abortions, or gays, or Evangelical Christians, or the President being chosen by God. Enough of the comments about Bush being stupid, dems pointing their fingers at everyone but themselves, and the extreme stances of the libs. Let's find someone who cares about us as people and not just bottom line figures. We need a leader to pull us out of this crap. I am tired of having to believe in something that is tangilbly there, but so clearly does not exist. Somebody step up. Please. Sorry about the rant.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't forget about the hopelessly narrow-minded and intellectually lazy folks who are quick to call everyone and anyone a racist. That really sucks.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318]Don't forget about the hopelessly narrow-minded and intellectually lazy folks who are quick to call everyone and anyone a racist. That really sucks.[/QUOTE]
    all of everything sucks. And if you don't think that this country is full of racism, you are wrong. However, the people who go too far with the accusations, Farrrakahn, I am talking to you, make everyone who has a strong argument about racism unimportant. They steal any spotlight on the issue, for their own personal reason. The problem in NO would have been dealt with already if this gov. would have looked at the poverty there and fixed it, instead of waging a holy war in Iraq.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318]hopelessly narrow-minded and intellectually lazy folks[/QUOTE]

Like the recently crap-canned Washington Nationals Evangelical Christian "Spiritual Advisor/Chaplan", who happily explained to the players recently that "all Jews are doomed to burn in hell" for not believing in and worshiping Christ.

That DOES suck. :eek:

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish]Like the recently crap-canned Washington Nationals Evangelical Christian "Spiritual Advisor/Chaplan", who happily explained to the players recently that "all Jews are doomed to burn in hell" for not believing in and worshiping Christ.

That DOES suck. :eek:[/QUOTE]
    This is another example of leaders in this country not treating everyone on an equal platform. It is digusting, and qualifies as nothing but bigotry and hatred. He will not be punished by the church, and should be.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Sack Exchange]This is another example of leaders in this country not treating everyone on an equal platform. It is digusting, and qualifies as nothing but bigotry and hatred. He will not be punished by the church, and should be.[/QUOTE]

Why would the CHURCH punish him? That is Christianity's devoted BELIEF, and we all know their beliefs are untouchable by logic, immune to criticism, and should be taught in schools (i.e. intelligent "creationism" design, morallity, etc, etc, etc.).