Thread: The media hysteria over Rita has started

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

The media hysteria over Rita has started

Watching CNN tonight (and four different college football games)- the storm is at least 24-hours away yet "problems-problems-problems!"...simply hysterical.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree. It must be from the hysteria Katrina caused. The news media is even saying gas will hit $5.00 per gallon. If I'm a big shot in the oil business I would raise the price to meet media ecpectations. Screw the midlle income guy who gets nothing (me) and living on a fix income.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FloridaJet]I agree. It must be from the hysteria Katrina caused. The news media is even saying gas will hit $5.00 per gallon. If I'm a big shot in the oil business I would raise the price to meet media ecpectations. Screw the midlle income guy who gets nothing (me) and living on a fix income.[/QUOTE]

Hysteria from Katrina?? I disagree- I think they purposely stir the sh!tpot- it keeps people tuned in...

CNN shows a taped interview from the main highway in Houston this afternoon..."four hour delays and people waiting in their cars, burning fuel as they wait...Houston we have a problem!" goes the guy in the taped interview..

Then, low and behold, they go to a live shot...the highway is moving fine.. the same boob who said "Houston we had a problem" comes back on and stands in front of a line at a gas station..."well a few minutes after that taped interview the highway opened up"....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]Hysteria from Katrina?? I disagree- I think they purposely stir the sh!tpot- it keeps people tuned in....[/QUOTE]

Good point.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's a Cat 4, it really could f up Houston or NO... not to mention the oil production. There's also a nuclear site in Houston and a lab which contains some of the most deadly viruses in the world.

The media went crazy over Katrina, and it was justified.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Reminds me of a Simpsons episode... Kent Brockman and some phoney-baloney expert are tracking a storm and they have a giant chromakey animated death-toll graphic behind them that rolls and rings up at "000000"....

Brockman : "Would you say there's reason to panic ?"

Expert : "Yes, yes I would."