Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stupid QB Trade/Sign Threads (MERGED)

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by NY315MOE
    Call him, he gives us a better chance to win than Brooks, imo. This is a band-aid remedy, not long term.

I still say we take Chris Leak in the draft, if avail.
    Chris Leak might blow a$$ if he doesn't shorten his delivery.

Jets Insider VIP
    Carter??

Hall Of Fame
    I like those on a girl.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by rlucas4137
    no I don't, I was hoping one of you superstars could enlighten me since you have soo much time on your hands. no respect bc im a "newbie" (cool term) right? I'm over it already, look at that.
    Then how about just reading 1 or 2 of the other hundred threads that are about the QB situation?

Hall Of Fame
    Quincy went 2-1 with us last year and barely lost to BALTIMORE.... Vinny is about to be 43 years old , he hasnt been able to produce in years.... Bottom line is I want to win games and Quincy can get it done again.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by TD C-Mart
    Thanks, SAR.

That actually made me laugh out loud.
    Yeah, after a Sunday like yesterday, we all need a bit of JLH to get us through.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    lets put in a call to his agent...

rumor has it he drives a hard bargain though...

I bet she can put some juice on a 20 yard pass bette rthan Pennington can. and look good doing it

Jets Insider VIP
    Its a good thing there are no fans panicking around here, cuz otherwise there would be a sh!tload of ridiculous threads being started by the Chicken Little Club.

Quote Originally Posted by NY315MOE
    Call him, he gives us a better chance to win than Brooks, imo. This is a band-aid remedy, not long term.

I still say we take Chris Leak in the draft, if avail.
    Honestly I say we give the Q a chance, I would really like that move, because we wouldn't have to spend a draft pick, and could sign him for a good price. Although troubled his potential is there and he can throw the deep ball and scramble

Id rather see this guy....

Just keep the defense getting stronger and faster, get this guy and we might play in a Super Bowl.
    But knowing the NY JETS luck, he will go to Baltimore and win a superbowl for the Ravens.

Practice Squad
    PIPER

Again, I do not have all the time in the world to look at the posts. I made a thread, all you had to do was disagree respectively. But I forget that certain people on these boards feel they have greater superiority bc of the # of the BS posts. Why dont u go get a mod to close it then..............

i figured P Rivers was pipe dream and J kitna is just as good as volek, if not better. I understand that he knows Dinger's system though, which is why hes probably a better short term option. I dont want a rookie qb or a short term solution so we can lose in the first rd of the playoffs next yr.

Is Quincy Carter even eligible to play given his drug problem?

BTW, Vinny, Quincy or Neil O'Donnell is about the worst scenario I could imagine. I don't know which could be worse in the annals of Jet suckdom.

Carter is a coke head, Vinny is, well, Vinny, and last time I checked Neil O'Donnell led us to a 1-15 record.

I'd rather watch Brooks Bollinger run for his life the rest of the year.

Practice Squad

Reality

For all of you wanting to pull someone off of the scrap heap:
    1) They are not in football shape yet

2) They don't know the O or the terminology

3) If it was that simple you could go get someone who maybe didn't get a chance after college

Doesn't Q. Carter have a drug issue to resolve before he can return to the field (you must be on a roster to serve a suspension)

Brooks or Volek are the only two viable options

1) You have Brain Damage if you think Brett Favre is ever leaving Green Bay, especially after he said he was never going to a week ago.

2) I would love to sack her

3) Do they have a penalty for 'thrusting'

Quote Originally Posted by HitSomeone41

Just keep the defense getting stronger and faster, get this guy and we might play in a Super Bowl.
    But knowing the NY JETS luck, he will go to Baltimore and win a superbowl for the Ravens.
    Stop the silly Favre stuff. He ain't going anywhere.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HitSomeone41

You gotta stop listening to those idiots in WFAN.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m
    Do they have a penalty for 'thrusting'
    Don't think so! I'm sure there would be plenty of holding, illegal touching, and interference in the end zone though ...

Quote Originally Posted by FL JET 17
    For all of you wanting to pull someone off of the scrap heap:
    1) They are not in football shape yet

2) They don't know the O or the terminology

3) If it was that simple you could go get someone who maybe didn't get a chance after college

Doesn't Q. Carter have a drug issue to resolve before he can return to the field (you must be on a roster to serve a suspension)

Brooks or Volek are the only two viable options

You are right about that as far as starting, but I am talking about adding some insurance by signing a guy like carter, because right now we may be down 2 QBs for at least a couple games. If Brooks goes down, then who?

The way I feel this morning, man, ill listen to anyone giving me a glimmer of hope.