Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stupid QB Trade/Sign Threads (MERGED)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    trade a 1st rd pick for JON KITNA?!?!?!

STOP THE MADNESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

re

Unfortunately you have to take a chance on one of two things

1) A young unproven guy who has experience in the system, maybe someone who was in the Titans camp but couldn't break through or
    2) An older guy who might not hold up and is as much a risk as #1
    OR

A solid ATHLETE w/QB experience and the coaches modify and simplify the system. This requires almost perfect execution play in and play out so as to not get "figured out"

Whatever road they take there is MAJOR damage control to do they just need to figure out which scenario the are best equipped to handle

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Get Volek for a 2nd or 3rd Pick

Before I get crucified here me out. The guy knows Heimerdinger and his system. Pennington admitted he couldn't grasp the system with an entire preseason. How do you think Bollinger, Testaverde, Couch or anyone else they in bring will do? Don't try to fix this with a band aid and hope one of these guys will help us get by. Bring in Volek and salvage the season.

Burn the pick and give this young season hope. Otherwise it'll be like the year Vinny went down week 1. A season without hope.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jegjet
    Before I get crucified here me out. The guy knows Heimerdinger and his system. Pennington admitted he couldn't grasp the system with an entire preseason. How do you think Bollinger, Testaverde, Couch or anyone else they in bring will do? Don't try to fix this with a band aid and hope one of these guys will help us get by. Bring in Volek and salvage the season.

Burn the pick and give this young season hope. Otherwise it'll be like the year Vinny went down week 1. A season without hope.
    the titans arent going to move volek, they are going to ride out the season w/ mcnair and then make volek the starter next year...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you read the other posts on the forum???? It was already brought up moron !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't mean to be a dic% head, but come on dude....read the posts before you post........these kind of posts are starting to piss me off.

Moga

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR
    Don't think so! I'm sure there would be plenty of holding, illegal touching, and interference in the end zone though ...
    Don't forget penetrating the neutral zone as well

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    buzzsaw and others, where are all the jennifer love hewitt pics I was expecting?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankMoga
    Do you read the other posts on the forum???? It was already brought up moron !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't mean to be a dic% head, but come on dude....read the posts before you post........these kind of posts are starting to piss me off.

Moga
    Sorry, didn't see it when I posted.

Quite frankly Moga, you are a tool for jumping on a fellow Jet fan for missing a previous post. I looked on the first page and didn't see it. Figured if it was a hot topic it would have been on the first page. My mistake. I do apolgize and I mean that sincerely. Your mistake is being a prick to another Jet fan over a simple oversight.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, didn't see it when I posted.

Quite frankly Moga, you are a tool for jumping on a fellow Jet fan for missing a previous post. I looked on the first page and didn't see it. Figured if it was a hot topic it would have been on the first page. My mistake. I do apolgize and I mean that sincerely. Your mistake is being a prick to another Jet fan over a simple oversight.

OK, you are right and I apologize for overreatcing to this. All of this negativity and darskider BS gets to me sometimes.

We were a f-ing Sb team, and now people are talking aboutnext year...this really pisses me off.

Moga

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK, you are right and I apologize for overreatcing to this. All of this negativity and darskider BS gets to me sometimes.

We were a f-ing Sb team, and now people are talking aboutnext year...this really pisses me off.

Moga
    I'll take a better look next time.

Peace my fellow Jet brother.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll take a better look next time.

Peace my fellow Jet brother.
    Peace...sorry once again for overreacting

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Moga
    Don't worry Moga, it aint over till the fat lady sings and she hasn't even got dressed yet!!!

I think we might be in for a surpise from Brooksy boy this weekend. He's going to add some needed mobility to this offensive system, and he's got a decent arm. If he can bring his head to the next level we may be in for a treat.

Hey man, I was afriad to wear my Vinni jersey in public for fear of being sacked in 2002 when we benched the Vin and look how well that worked out for us, tommy maddux, drew bledsoe... maybe we add the chad's name to that list.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    What we have to understand is that any team we want to deal with is going to ask for the moon because they know we are desperate. The time to make a trade for quarterback is in the offseason. I personally would bring back Kevin Elkins. He has NFLE experience and did go through training camp with us. Plus, while he is not the biggest qb around, he has a much stronger arm than anyone our current roster. In fact, I was disappointed he wasn't given more a chance in preseason to unseat Bollinger....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Chad is having a hard time grasping this offensive system, can you image Carter's learning curve? He's barley literate.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black
    What we have to understand is that any team we want to deal with is going to ask for the moon because they know we are desperate. The time to make a trade for quarterback is in the offseason. I personally would bring back Kevin Elkins. He has NFLE experience and did go through training camp with us. Plus, while he is not the biggest qb around, he has a much stronger arm than anyone our current roster. In fact, I was disappointed he wasn't given more a chance in preseason to unseat Bollinger....
    i think he got signed to a CFL team, which means he's not coming back here...

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Can we stop the Billy Volek threads?

The Titans have on 2 QB's on their active roster.

Steve McNair and Billy Volek.

Do you really think there's a chance in hell they will trade him?

Come on, folks...THINK BEFORE YOU POST!

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by deadringer
    I think he would return for a job in the NFL.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by deadringer
    That sucks; I would have liked to see what he could do. Oh well, it's Bollinger or Bust!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    MBG & Deadringer captions, LOL.

Just to clarify, THIS IS A SHORT TERM FIX; Maybe we can get 4-5 games out of Quincy, stay competitive, until Noodle arm heals up.

Hey, AL B SURE, "Barley" is used for horse feed & beer. I think you may have had a few before typing

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY315MOE
    MBG & Deadringer captions, LOL.

Just to clarify, THIS IS A SHORT TERM FIX; Maybe we can get 4-5 games out of Quincy, stay competitive, until Noodle arm heals up.

Hey, AL B SURE, "Barley" is used for horse feed & beer. I think you may have had a few before typing
    Better shot with Bollinger.

Newsflash: Carter sucked last year when he played for us.