Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Stupid QB Trade/Sign Threads (MERGED)

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjet4life
    I think it's BS if Bollinger isn't given his shot. Sign Vinny as a backup until Fiedler comes back and let Fiedler take over if Bollinger holds off.

You still need a backup for THIS WEEK....Bollinger will get his shot.

VINNY? Great idea...

Let's replace Chad with someone even MORE immobile...he'll get killed back there. Vinny has been TOAST since 1999.

I started the Volek train this morning at 11:30.

Lets get it done!

Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER
    The titans have no other backup besides Volek. HE'S NOT GETTING TRADED.

To the Volek dump.
    Exactly! My guess is if they acquire anyone this season it will be Ramsey. Otherwise it's the Doug Johnson's, Jesse Palmer's, maybe O'Donnell (since he played for Dinger) or Couch.....

If they don't acquire Ramsey during the season, TB will need to look at acquiring a young QB via a trade during the off-season. Someone like Rivers, Ramsey or possibly Chris Simms (Gruden as worked with him for a couple of years and Hackett, athough a bad O Coord, is highly regarded as a QB teacher)

The Jets are built to win now and they can't afford to wait 2-3 years to develop a '06 drafted QB...

it might be a longshot but you never know. i don't think it's impossible. what if the jest offered their first round pick? they don't seem to have a problem taking chances with those.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsbabe2315
    i agree, and if we suck with him, we draft matt leinert
    My thoughts exactly. Even though we're 1-2 and Chad is out for the season (maybe for good), i'm still not ready to give up on the Jets this year. Billy Volek has already proved that he can be EXTREMELY succesfull in Dinger's system. He is a guy that could put up 4,000 yards and 30 TD's every year.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwave81
    You still need a backup for THIS WEEK....Bollinger will get his shot.

VINNY? Great idea...

Let's replace Chad with someone even MORE immobile...he'll get killed back there. Vinny has been TOAST since 1999.
    wtf, dude. how about a sense of humor, man.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Folks....Do a little homework before you post. The amount of threads on this ridiculous idea is getting nauseating.

Volek is not for sale. The titans only carry 2 QB's on their roster. Him and Mcnair. You think they would even conisder trading him with McNairs history?

Get real.

i am not a fan of ramsey. i thought he had plenty of chances in washington and blew it. i would trade for him out of desperation. i wouldn't want to give up more than a 3rd for him.

Vinny, Neil O'Donnel, and Tim Couch would be great signings if we want the first pick in the draft next year,

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CantStopTheKid
    it might be a longshot but you never know. i don't think it's impossible. what if the jest offered their first round pick? they don't seem to have a problem taking chances with those.
    You can't be serious.

trades hardly ever happen in the NFL - it would be nice but unlikely.

[QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER]You can't be serious.[/QUOTE

BROOKS BOLLINGER is the only healthy quarterback on the roster. not just the starting quarterback, but the ONLY quarterback. it might not happen but i would seriously give up a first pick for him.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart
    Exactly! My guess is if they acquire anyone this season it will be Ramsey. Otherwise it's the Doug Johnson's, Jesse Palmer's, maybe O'Donnell (since he played for Dinger) or Couch.....

If they don't acquire Ramsey during the season, TB will need to look at acquiring a young QB via a trade during the off-season. Someone like Rivers, Ramsey or possibly Chris Simms (Gruden as worked with him for a couple of years and Hackett, athough a bad O Coord, is highly regarded as a QB teacher)

The Jets are built to win now and they can't afford to wait 2-3 years to develop a '06 drafted QB...
    Neil retired and is commentating some games. No way that ever happens he will never play in the NFL again. Love to get volek but it doesnt seem reasonable.

i don't see why this thread is in the garbage dump. it may be an unlikely scenario but it is a possiblilty. it's definately worth a discussion.

All Pro
    Billy Volek will not be a Jet any time
    soon, so fuggeddboutit. If Spurrier
    couldnt figure out Ramsey and
    Gibbs benched him, what makes
    JEtfan think he'd be a good fit
    for our Org!

As much as I dont care for Bollywood
    lets ride his ace to work! or bring
    back "Q'