Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: tom delay

tom delay

lol

hours and no response. not surprising.

dude didn't you hear - tom delay can do whatever he wants because at least he's not Bill Clinton getting BJ's in the oval office!

It must of been the Media. It must of been the media.

[QUOTE=BrooklynBound]lol[/QUOTE]
    There was nothing in this post worth replying to.

[IMG]http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=ham+sandwich/v=2/SID=e/l=IVS/SIG=12eu2lh4q/EXP=1128091360[/IMG]
    Ahh, I see, the infamous red x. It was supposed to be a picture of a ham sandwich, which any crafty prosecutor can indict.

[B] "He can indict a ham sandwhich before most grand juries. When you look at the record of this prosecutor, I can't say I'm particularly surprised." [/B]
    Last edited by Jetcane; 09-29-2005 at 10:54 AM.

[QUOTE=Jetcane]There was nothing in this post worth replying to.

[IMG]http://mirrors.meepzorp.com/harrisonburg.k12.va.us/lunch/index_files/ham-sand.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Nice pic: "Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access harrisonburg.k12.va.us/lunch/index_files/ham-sand.jpg on this server." You really got me.

And Delay's indictment isn't worth replying to? That's laughable.

I didnt say the subject wasnt worth discussing. Your post, "lol" wasnt worth replying to.

Nor was the ham sandwich referring to you.
    Did you get it?

Hall Of Fame
    So Tom Delay is indicted. What do you want us to say? You still vote for Democrats even though Teddy Kennedy killed a woman, no? So what's the point here? Are we supposed to stop voting for Republicans because of this?

Is this bad for the GOP? Sure it is. Will he be convicted? Who knows? It sure doesn't seem that way from my perspective...

I honestly don't care. Any party that Ted Kennedy can have a leadership position in and where Al Sharpton is treated with pious reverence is in no position to get their panties all wet about Tom Delay. Is Delay a dirtbag? Yeah, probably. So what? So are most politicians. Is the GOP perfect> Hell no. Both parties are full of dirtbags. For example, Chuck Schumer's staffers went through a GOP senatorial candidates's trash this week and pulled his social security number, ran a credit check and gave it to the press, which is totally illegal. Where's your LOL about that?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jets5ever] For example, Chuck Schumer's staffers went through a GOP senatorial candidates's trash this week and pulled his social security number, ran a credit check and gave it to the press, which is totally illegal. Where's your LOL about that?[/QUOTE]

Hold on - I thought this was being written off as a prank by some recent college grads. You know how madcap they can be! The exuberance of youth..

:3stooges:

btw - ironic that Schumer is 'Mr Identity Theft Legislation' :rolleyes:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=BrooklynBound]lol[/QUOTE]

Your insightful perspective and reasoned analysis of the situation has left us all scrambling for an equally intelligent and cogent response.

OK, here's mine:

Hwaa? Tell me again about the wabbits, George...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=quantum]Hold on - I thought this was being written off as a prank by some recent college grads. You know how madcap they can be! The exuberance of youth..

:3stooges:

btw - ironic that Schumer is 'Mr Identity Theft Legislation' :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Of course Schiester's staff was so ignorant that when Freepers called his office in Washington posing as Joe-citizen and stated they had credit reports on certain politicians one person actually took the bait and said they were interested...the other was smart enough to say "no thanks" then hang up the phone....

but again- the topic 5ever brings up gets no play at all in the MSM...

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]Of course Schiester's staff was so ignorant that when Freepers called his office in Washington posing as Joe-citizen and stated they had credit reports on certain politicians one person actually took the bait and said they were interested...the other was smart enough to say "no thanks" then hang up the phone....

but again- the topic 5ever brings up gets no play at all in the MSM...[/QUOTE]
    Michelle Malkin covered it very well in her column yesterday.

[QUOTE=jets5ever]So Tom Delay is indicted. What do you want us to say? You still vote for Democrats even though Teddy Kennedy killed a woman, no? So what's the point here? [/QUOTE]

moral relativism at it's finest. As long as the Republicans are slightly more attractive than the Democrats, that's good enough for me!

It's a moot point to compare the behavior of the party in power to the behavior of a party which lost power years ago. There's a reason why Democrats have lost control of every major branch of government. That reason doesn't allow us to suspend morals and laws for the party in power. Just because we like them better, that doesn't mean they are above the law.

FWIW this s--tstorm is just starting. Wait until they splay out Abramoff, that guy is sordid.

No, they arent above the law.

But since when is an indictment the same as a conviction?
    And what does it say about people when their knee-jerk reaction is "LOL"?

Let the chips fall where they may, but it doesnt take Teddy boy off the hook for killing the girl- a crime he should have been prosecuted for.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=bitonti]moral relativism at it's finest. As long as the Republicans are slightly more attractive than the Democrats, that's good enough for me!

It's a moot point to compare the behavior of the party in power to the behavior of a party which lost power years ago. There's a reason why Democrats have lost control of every major branch of government. That reason doesn't allow us to suspend morals and laws for the party in power. Just because we like them better, that doesn't mean they are above the law.

FWIW this s--tstorm is just starting. Wait until they splay out Abramoff, that guy is sordid.[/QUOTE]

Bitonti - this thread, the initial "lol" is moral relativism itself. You do it more than anyone else, actually.

I never said nor implied Delay was above the law! What is the point of that comment? Of course he's not. My God, you anti-Bush people are so immature. You say obvious things as if they are profound, truth-to-power insights. "He's not above the law!!!!!" No sh*t, that's why he was indicted.

I just don't care. I honestly don't. I have no ties to Delay - I didn't vote for him. I don't especially like him. There is a lot I don't like about the GOP. There's just a lot more I don't like about the Dems.

The fact that the GOP is in power now has nothing to do with the fact that Democrats and the GOP are all equally sleazy. They are politicians - it's what they do.

It's a two party race-to-the-bottom.

With the Democrats in front but the Republicans not far behind.

The Hammer In The Slammer!

I Love It!

How soon after Delay looses his job do you think it will be before the Faux News Channel hires him as an "expert investigator" to join the rest of the Rightwing Criminals they hire: G. Gordon Liddy, Mark Fuhrman, Ollie North and now The hammer!

[QUOTE=Jetcane]Michelle Malkin covered it very well in her column yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Yeah she's reputable, you didnt hear it own Rush?? Cause I would believe his story!!?
    lOL

[QUOTE=jets5ever]Bitonti - this thread, the initial "lol" is moral relativism itself. You do it more than anyone else, actually.

I never said nor implied Delay was above the law! What is the point of that comment? Of course he's not. My God, you anti-Bush people are so immature. You say obvious things as if they are profound, truth-to-power insights. "He's not above the law!!!!!" No sh*t, that's why he was indicted.

I just don't care. I honestly don't. I have no ties to Delay - I didn't vote for him. I don't especially like him. There is a lot I don't like about the GOP. There's just a lot more I don't like about the Dems.

The fact that the GOP is in power now has nothing to do with the fact that Democrats and the GOP are all equally sleazy. They are politicians - it's what they do.[/QUOTE]

I couldnt have said it any better.

It is very telling how the Cons here have a -shrug- reaction to this, while the Libs immediately gloat. Very telling indeed.

cons say let the chips fall where they may, and libs root for the guy to be destroyed. It's no wonder they keep losing elections.

What is Delay being charged with? What are the facts in the indictment that points to Delay?